Author Topic: Wyoming Voters Have a Constitutional Alternative to Anti-Trump Liz Cheney  (Read 744 times)

Offline libertybele

I don't live in Wyoming and I hope this great news travels.  I would absolutely love to see Cheney defeated.

Wyoming Voters Have a Constitutional Alternative to Anti-Trump Liz Cheney

RIVERTON, WY. April 7th, 2022 — Marissa Selvig is now running against Liz Cheney.  By unanimous vote at the Constitution Party of Wyoming’s 2022 State Convention, she was nominated to be the Party’s candidate for U.S. House of Representatives in this year’s midterm election.  There are stark differences between these two candidates, with Marissa being pro-America, pro-Liberty, pro-Life and pro-Family.

“Wyoming voters know Liz Cheney does not share their values when she is fiercely defended by Rachel Maddow of MSNBC.  They know whose side she is on when she serves on the sham January 6 panel,” said Wyoming native and past National Chairman of the Constitution Party, Frank Fluckiger.

“I am beyond excited that it is official, and I am even more excited for the voters of Wyoming to have a real, constitutional choice in this race,” Selvig said. “It is long past time our elected officials honor their Oath to ‘uphold and defend’ the Constitution with integrity and honesty. That is exactly what I intend to do when I am elected in November.”

“Marissa Selvig is a candidate who has a clear understanding of the journey she is prepared to embark upon. She is committed to blazing the trail to fight for the restoration of this great nation and get back to what it was founded on; which is the freedom and liberty the U.S. Constitution affords to ‘we the people’ of America,” said Mary Ann Jager, citizen from Hot Springs County and member of the Constitution Party’s Vetting Committee.....................

vote4marissa@selvigforcongress.com

www.selvigforcongress.com
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 05:57:38 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Anyone in here from Wyoming??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Anyone in here from Wyoming??

My oldest son is if that counts?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

I wonder if the weather is far enough against Cheney to overcome the Cheny/Republican machine in WY in order to allow the CP to ascend... An interesting subplot - Certainly, if it can happen, Wyoming is a likely place.

Offline libertybele

My oldest son is if that counts?

Please pass this info on -- thank you.

Offline libertybele

I wonder if the weather is far enough against Cheney to overcome the Cheny/Republican machine in WY in order to allow the CP to ascend... An interesting subplot - Certainly, if it can happen, Wyoming is a likely place.

I am so hoping that she will lose her seat.  It would send a very clear and precise message; no RINO's wanted.

Offline roamer_1

I am so hoping that she will lose her seat.  It would send a very clear and precise message; no RINO's wanted.

I get that - and I am with you. But Cheney is a big, big name in Wyoming, just like Murkowski is a big, big name in AK. Unseating a Cheney in Wyoming is nearly an act of God.

Offline LMAO

I get that - and I am with you. But Cheney is a big, big name in Wyoming, just like Murkowski is a big, big name in AK. Unseating a Cheney in Wyoming is nearly an act of God.

If Liz Cheney doesn’t get primaried she will win her seat back
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

If Liz Cheney doesn’t get primaried she will win her seat back

Likely. And there doesn't seem to be a worthy challenger.

Which means,

Cheney
Democrat
or CP...

Which is an interesting dichotomy. Especially in Conservative Wyoming.
I would love to see CP gain traction.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Constitution party"?
Not a chance.

Offline libertybele

"Constitution party"?
Not a chance.

If I were in WY I'd certainly vote for the Constitution Party candidate over Dizzy Miss Lizzy.

Offline roamer_1

If I were in WY I'd certainly vote for the Constitution Party candidate over Dizzy Miss Lizzy.

If it has a chance anywhere, it will be here in the libertarian Rockies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Likely. And there doesn't seem to be a worthy challenger.

Which means,

Cheney
Democrat
or CP...

Which is an interesting dichotomy. Especially in Conservative Wyoming.
I would love to see CP gain traction.
https://www.selvigforcongress.com/issues

She looks to be worth a better look from what's on her website.
After Cheney's performance in the 1/6 dog and pony show, I'd vote for Selvig over Cheney.

Edited to add link to summary of the Wyoming Food Freedom Act http://www.calc.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/WYFoodFreedomAct2017.pdf
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 04:56:16 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

2022 Wyoming House Race Polls: Endorsements - Liz Cheney
  • George W Bush, 43rd President (2001 – 2008)
  • Bill Cassidy, U.S. Senator from Louisiana (2015 – Present)
  • Jeff Flake, former U.S. Senator from Arizona (2013 – 2018)
  • Susan Collins, U.S. Senator from Maine (1999 – present)
  • Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts (2015 – present)
  • Jeb Bush , Governor of Florida (1999 – 2007)
  • Paul Ryan, US House Speaker (2015 – 2019)
  • John Boehner, US House Speaker (2011 – 2015)

https://crowdwisdom.live/politics/2022-wyoming-house-race-polls/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

That's a lot of Country Club turnout for her in a state that was almost 70% for Trump.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

Looks like a list of the whose who of RINOs in the republicant party.

Offline roamer_1

https://www.selvigforcongress.com/issues

She looks to be worth a better look from what's on her website.
After Cheney's performance in the 1/6 dog and pony show, I'd vote for Selvig over Cheney.

She rings all my bells - But then, that is what the website is designed to do... Which is why I pay em no mind.  :shrug:

She ain't a native though (midwesterner)... and that will hurt.

Offline Smokin Joe

She rings all my bells - But then, that is what the website is designed to do... Which is why I pay em no mind.  :shrug:

She ain't a native though (midwesterner)... and that will hurt.
No fanatic like a convert. She left Wisconsin for a reason, I reckon.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

No fanatic like a convert. She left Wisconsin for a reason, I reckon.

Maybe so... But The Rockies like native born. And WY more than most. There is an insular aspect to prevent the tourists and Californicators. It's a thing, jussayin.

Offline Smokin Joe

Maybe so... But The Rockies like native born. And WY more than most. There is an insular aspect to prevent the tourists and Californicators. It's a thing, jussayin.
I gotcha, there. Over four decades in my current state, and I'm still just a transplant.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I gotcha, there. Over four decades in my current state, and I'm still just a transplant.

Me too - Though I came here when I was maybe eight.  :whistle:

Offline Hoodat

Liz Cheney was born in Madistan, WI.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Liz Cheney was born in Madistan, WI.

Her family name is her way. Cheney is a powerful name in WY.