Author Topic: Anita Hill says she was ‘shocked’ by Senate Judiciary’s ‘racist and sexist attacks’ on Jackson  (Read 341 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Anita Hill says she was ‘shocked’ by Senate Judiciary’s ‘racist and sexist attacks’ on Jackson
by Sarakshi Rai - 04/07/22 12:47 PM ET

Anita Hill wrote in a Thursday opinion piece for The Washington Post that the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Supreme Court confirmation hearing for Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson was a “shameful spectacle.”

Hill said that “the confirmation process is broken and the panel must act to restore people’s faith in it.”

Hill, who in 1991 accused then-Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas of sexually harassing her, said, “I was subjected to attacks on my intelligence, truthfulness and even my sanity when I testified about my experience working for the nominee at the Education Department and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.”

“In a spectacularly low moment, senators sought out slanderous statements from my former students,” she added.

Hill, a professor of social policy, law, and women’s studies at Brandeis University, said that despite her own treatment, she was “shocked” by the interrogation of Jackson, who she said was a nominee with “stellar credentials” and more judicial experience than any of the sitting justices when they were nominated.

more
https://thehill.com/news/senate/3261616-anita-hill-says-she-was-shocked-by-senate-judiciarys-racist-and-sexist-attacks-on-jackson/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd have died from the "shock" if Anita Hill had said anything less ridiculous about this.  Of course, she was bound to have been asked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Offline verga

Anita, go away, your 15 minutes was up years ago.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.