Author Topic: California city to give universal income to transgender, nonbinary residents regardless of earnings  (Read 605 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 5, 2022 11:06am EDT
California city to give universal income to transgender, nonbinary residents regardless of earnings
Palm Springs will set aside $200,000 for the program
By Houston Keene | Fox News

A California city is planning to give universal basic income (UBI) to transgender and nonbinary residents regardless of their earnings level.

Transgender residents in Palm Springs, California are eligible to receive a UBI of up to $900 per month solely for identifying as transgender or nonbinary — no strings attached.

The new pilot program will have $200,000 set aside for allocation after a unanimous vote by the Palm Springs City Council last week.

Former San Diego City Councilman Carl DeMaio, a Republican who served as the first openly gay member of the city council, called the program "outrageous and discriminatory."

"We're completely opposed to guaranteed or universal basic income programs, because they ultimately cause inflation and raise the cost of living on everyone — they don't work," DeMaio said in a statement.

"But at least some of them have minimum income requirements to qualify, whereas this one is no-strings-attached 'woke' virtue signaling to the LGBT community in a way that is not only offensive but discriminatory," he continued.

Twenty transgender and nonbinary Palm Springs residents will receive the free money funded by the taxpayers for 18 months, with advocacy-based health center DAP Health and LGBT advocacy group Queer Works managing the program.

A six-month design period will be the precursor of the program’s implementation, in which the group Mayors for a Guaranteed Income will be involved providing guidance.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-city-universal-income-transgender-residents
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Gender discrimination.  Somebody needs to sue.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gender discrimination.  Somebody needs to sue.
Yeah, but I would not want to live there to establish 'standing'.

Fuhgeddaboudit!

Let the city go broke with their wokeness, and don't bail them out.

(I wonder how many rainbow flag waving homeless folks will show up just for the (drug) money and not the 'lifestyle'?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah, but I would not want to live there to establish 'standing'.

Fuhgeddaboudit!

Let the city go broke with their wokeness, and don't bail them out.

(I wonder how many rainbow flag waving homeless folks will show up just for the (drug) money and not the 'lifestyle'?)

@Smokin Joe

I wonder how many working-class heterosexual people will show up to claim it because they just need that money to live,given the high cost of everything in Ca?

Hell,if I were younger and out of work,I'd be temped to move there to get that free non-taxable income by claiming I was bi-sexual,because we should ALL know by now that the cash freebie is in addition to free housing,food,clothing,utilities,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

I wonder how many working-class heterosexual people will show up to claim it because they just need that money to live,given the high cost of everything in Ca?

Hell,if I were younger and out of work,I'd be temped to move there to get that free non-taxable income by claiming I was bi-sexual,because we should ALL know by now that the cash freebie is in addition to free housing,food,clothing,utilities,etc,etc,etc.
Well, as long as you don't have to prove it, you'd likely be okay...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis