Author Topic: Murkowski and Romney support Biden nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson for Supreme Court  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Murkowski and Romney support Biden nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson for Supreme Court
Fox News, Apr 4, 2022

Sens. Lisa Murkowski and Mitt Romney Monday said they will vote for Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to be confirmed to the Supreme Court, bringing the total expected GGOP votes for Jackson's confirmation up to three.

"After reviewing Judge Jackson’s record and testimony, I have concluded that she is a well-qualified jurist and a person of honor," Romney, R-Utah, said. "While I do not expect to agree with every decision she may make on the Court, I believe that she more than meets the standard of excellence and integrity."

"My support rests on Judge Jackson’s qualifications, which no one questions; her demonstrated judicial independence; her demeanor and temperament; and the important perspective she would bring to the court as a replacement for Justice Breyer," Murkwoski, R-Alaska, said.

The Senate Monday voted 53-47 to discharge Jackson's nomination from the Judiciary Committee after the committee deadlocked 11-11 along party lines on Jackson's nomination. Murkowski, Romney and Collins delivered three GOP affirmative votes in what will likely be touted by the White House as a major win.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/murkowski-senate-ketanji-brown-jackson-supreme-court

I won't be helping to give the Republicans a majority in the Senate while Collins and Romney and possibly Murkoski are seated.

Joe Kent for WA-3
@joekent16jan19

Romney wants a pedophile apologist in the supreme court, your kids fighting WW3 & masks on our faces.

He is our enemy, treat him as such.

8:06 PM · Apr 4, 2022   Twitter for iPhone

Jenna Ellis
@JennaEllisEsq

Jackson now has enough votes to be confirmed.

Everyone who cares about defending the Constitution, self-evident truth, and REALITY should be very, very mad at Republicans right now.

7:06 PM · Apr 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline libertybele

Jenna Ellis
@JennaEllisEsq

Everyone who cares about defending the Constitution, self-evident truth, and REALITY should be very, very mad at Republicans right now.

I've been mad at the GOP for a very long time, especially since J6.  They no longer represent me, nor am I affiliated with them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

Elton John - I've Seen That Movie Too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMRmbWnsMMk
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Jenna Ellis
@JennaEllisEsq

I fail to see why three usual-suspect turncoats ought to bring blame upon the entire opposition party. What was the party leadership supposed to do?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I won't be helping to give the Republicans a majority in the Senate while Collins and Romney and possibly Murkoski are seated.
Enjoy Chuck Schumer's leadership.

After all, wasn't this the same argument you and other Trump apologists gave us six years ago? The shoe is now on the other foot.

Online corbe

I fail to see why three usual-suspect turncoats ought to bring blame upon the entire opposition party. What was the party leadership supposed to do?

Since I have Respectable Friends here that are still in the Trenches fighting to turn the GOP into a Conservative BENT and a few that, after many years. have just given up and even registered Independent, as I have.

I Love you all.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Joe Kent for WA-3
@joekent16jan19

Romney wants a pedophile apologist in the supreme court, your kids fighting WW3 & masks on our faces.

He is our enemy, treat him as such.

8:06 PM · Apr 4, 2022   Twitter for iPhone

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Jenna Ellis
@JennaEllisEsq

BS!  RINOS aren't really republicans, and WE need to learn to distinguish between the ones who are and the ones who aren't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Greg Price
@greg_price11

Mitt Romney's last few weeks:

- Confirmed Kentaji Brown Jackson
- Voted against repealing TSA mask mandate
- Didn't show up to vote defunding Biden vaccine mandate.
- Accused Tulsi Gabbard of treason for opposing war in Ukraine.

8:36 PM · Apr 4, 2022·Twitter Web App

Because if R's gain the majority, Romney will be in line for a committee chairmanship ... and I'll work against this happening every way I can.

Enjoy Chuck Schumer's leadership.

After all, wasn't this the same argument you and other Trump apologists gave us six years ago? The shoe is now on the other foot.

888mouth

We know the anser to this .... and it's why they're not ready for the majority.  No more, just no more chances.

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

Will a single Republican Senator have the guts to publicly condemn VoMitt Romney for supporting the confirmation of pedophile protector KBJ?

Call this RINO hack out!

7:15 PM · Apr 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Online corbe

Way past Time to Introduce them to:  The Alan Parsons Project-Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuFOidNhGEU

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

We know the anser to this .... and it's why they're not ready for the majority.  No more, just no more chances.

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

Will a single Republican Senator have the guts to publicly condemn VoMitt Romney for supporting the confirmation of pedophile protector KBJ?

Call this RINO hack out![q

7:15 PM · Apr 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
Recall that Romney surrounded himself with the Pro-Family mantra.

THE MERITS OF ROMNEY'S PRO-FAMILY POLICY
Sen. Mitt Romney’s “Family Security Act” has come at precisely the right moment. The epidemic of loneliness is intensifying, and rates of marriage and fertility are plummeting. COVID-19 has put a spotlight on the social and economic insecurity of the poor and working classes, as well as on the shrinking middle class. Romney's act proposes transforming the existing child tax credit into a larger monthly child allowance for parents—$350 per month for children ages 0–5, beginning when the child is in utero, and $250 per month for children ages 6–17. This would spread the significant financial costs of child-rearing to the community at large, so that parents are not economically disadvantaged vis-à-vis childless adults in their efforts to raise the next generation.

The proposal has many merits as a response to the bleak trends highlighted by the pandemic. More important still, it would serve as an overdue corrective to liberalism’s devastating effects on the family.

According to Mary Ann Glendon, “A nation without a conscious family policy has a family policy made by chance.” As Glendon has explored singularly throughout her career, America's libertarian legal tradition serves as our country’s implicit pedagogical backdrop. This tradition prioritizes the individual in our cultural imagination, even as each and every individual is raised in a family. When we fail to intentionally affirm the essential work of the family—and not only rhetorically—our laws and policies will bend steadily toward the needs of the self-determining, unencumbered individual. The result, Glendon tells us, is “a climate that systematically disadvantages caretakers and dependents.”

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2021/02/the-merits-of-romneys-pro-family-policy

Mitt needs to be asked why he is supporting a person who supports pedophiles, not exactly a pro-family position.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

Murkowski and Romney are Groomers.

Offline mountaineer

Bob Good for Congress
@GoodForCongress
Senators Collins, Murkowski, and Romney---What did it for you? Her inability to define a woman?  Her support for abortion at any time for any reason?  Her rejection of the original meaning of the Constitution?  Or her lenient sentencing of child sex torturers?  #KJB
7:06 AM · Apr 5, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
After Opposing Ketanji Brown Jackson On Lower Court, Romney Flip-Flops To Support Her For SCOTUS

Utah Republican Sen. Mitt Romney announced plans Monday to confirm the same judge for the nation’s highest court he opposed less than a year ago for a seat on the D.C. Circuit.

President Joe Biden’s pick to replace retiring Justice Stephen Breyer, Circuit Court Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, is expected to reach successful confirmation after the Senate Judiciary Committee voted 11-11 to approve her nomination. Jackson’s consideration is headed for a full-chamber vote pending a discharge petition.

“After reviewing Judge Jackson’s record and testimony, I have concluded that she is a well-qualified jurist and a person of honor,” Romney wrote in a statement after the nominee’s confirmation hearings unearthed an extensive record of leniency for individuals convicted of child sex crimes.

“She more than meets the standard of excellence and integrity,” Romney added. Jackson’s record is not only extremely weak on child sex offenders but also shows contempt for the Constitution.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/05/after-opposing-ketanji-brown-jackson-on-lower-court-romney-flip-flops-to-support-her-for-scotus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
After Opposing Ketanji Brown Jackson On Lower Court, Romney Flip-Flops To Support Her For SCOTUS

So Mittens thinks she isn't qualified for the District Court, but is for SCOTUS?

(1) I wish we could have all financial records of Romney frozen and investigated.  There was some change in dynamics here that caused him to flip.

(2) Has some dirty deal been set up for help the dems and/or their operatives fund Romney for a 3rd party POTUS run in '24.  In return for his Confirmation Vote.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

i wish he'd tell us how he REALLY feels ....    :laugh:

Catturd ™
@catturd2

Mitt Romney is everything wrong with this country wrapped up into one big, rich, privileged dick with a $500 haircut.

8:10 PM · Apr 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Murkowski and Romney are Groomers.

And Collins .... don't forget Collins.       

« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 02:36:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

And Collins .... don't forget Collins. 

You're right!  She's a Groomer, too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Bob Good for Congress
@GoodForCongress
Senators Collins, Murkowski, and Romney---What did it for you? Her inability to define a woman?  Her support for abortion at any time for any reason?  Her rejection of the original meaning of the Constitution?  Or her lenient sentencing of child sex torturers?  #KJB
7:06 AM · Apr 5, 2022·
I'm of the persuasion that those three would vote for any nominee that came across their desk.