Author Topic: Will Smith resigns from the Academy  (Read 633 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will Smith resigns from the Academy
« on: April 02, 2022, 01:17:28 am »
 Will Smith resigns from the Academy
by Lexi Lonas - 04/01/22 7:40 PM ET

Actor Will Smith on Friday announced he will resign from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences after he hit comedian Chris Rock during the Oscars.

His resignation comes two days after the Academy began disciplinary proceedings against the actor, saying he refused to leave the venue after he was asked following the incident.

Smith slapped Rock during the event after the comedian made a joke about his wife’s alopecia.

“I have directly responded to the Academy’s disciplinary hearing notice, and I will fully accept any and all consequences for my conduct. My actions at the 94th Academy Awards presentation were shocking, painful, and inexcusable,” Smith said in a statement.

He went on to say he is still “heartbroken” about the incident and wants to “put the focus back on those who deserve attention for their achievements and allow the Academy to get back to the incredible work it does to support creativity and artistry in film.”

“So, I am resigning from membership in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and will accept any further consequences the Board deems appropriate. Change takes time and I am committed to doing the work to ensure that I never again allow violence to overtake reason,” Smith wrote.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/3256937-will-smith-resigns-from-the-academy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Will Smith resigns from the Academy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 01:22:28 am »
Many comedians across the country are hiring security expecting to be assaulted.
Once Will made it "cool" to attack a comedian, now everyone is afraid of copycats posting themselves to Instagram. And it could go past that into anybody. If a McDonald's worker says something you don't like or the Walmart janitor, slap the hell out of them. Just make sure you get it on video. Then you will suddenly be 'cool', just like Will Smith.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 02:05:43 am »
Many comedians across the country are hiring security expecting to be assaulted.
Once Will made it "cool" to attack a comedian, now everyone is afraid of copycats posting themselves to Instagram. And it could go past that into anybody. If a McDonald's worker says something you don't like or the Walmart janitor, slap the hell out of them. Just make sure you get it on video. Then you will suddenly be 'cool', just like Will Smith.

Two words:   EXTREME PREJUDICE

Works every time.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 02:12:06 am »
This is just earth shattering!   *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 02:35:12 am »
T h e a t e r! It's all theater!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 04:29:51 am »
I started watching (out of curiosity) the new remake of his old 80s show... It was pushed on the public as a realistic version of his Bel Aire life. It hit all the woke crapola points with precision. I got about three episodes in and said I would stop torturing myself (the nasty rap music playing all the time just added insult to injury).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:30:56 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....