Author Topic: The Pentagon is now calling Russia an ‘acute threat’  (Read 371 times)

rebewranger

The Pentagon is now calling Russia an ‘acute threat’
« on: March 31, 2022, 03:17:55 pm »
The Pentagon is now calling Russia an ‘acute threat’
'Russia poses acute threats, as illustrated by its brutal and unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.'

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED MAR 30, 2022 9:44 AM

In Pentagon jargon, Russia has gone from a “great power competitor” to an “acute threat,” but it’s not yet clear what that means for U.S. service members and their families.

On Monday, Congress received a classified version of the 2022 National Defense Strategy, which keeps China as the Defense Department’s top priority, while Russia runs a close second, according to a fact sheet provided by the Pentagon.

“Russia poses acute threats, as illustrated by its brutal and unprovoked invasion of Ukraine,” the fact sheet says. “We will collaborate with our NATO Allies and partners to reinforce robust deterrence in the face of Russian aggression.”

Get used to hearing Russia being called an “acute threat” by defense officials. The Pentagon has already adopted the new terminology. “As we’ve all seen, Russia remains an acute threat, but China and its ambitions remain our No. 1 challenge,” Defense Department comptroller Michael McCord told reporters on Monday during a news conference.

https://taskandpurpose.com/analysis/pentagon-russia-acute-threat-ukraine-invasion/

Online rustynail

Re: The Pentagon is now calling Russia an ‘acute threat’
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 03:22:16 pm »
War Pigs.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 03:23:33 pm »
Unless they launch a nuke, they aren't a threat.

Still Europe's problem.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 03:49:35 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 03:43:22 pm »
...and what about China??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 03:59:11 pm »
Biden and his clown crew of warmongering Liberal Democrats are refusing to let this Russia 'opportunity' pass without a war. The 'acute threat' is more than likely Putin going to the press with everything he has on Hunter. Would Biden actually go to war to stop it? Who knows? Maybe. After all, from Biden's age, mental condition, and health situation, he no longer has much to lose.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 04:04:31 pm »
Biden and his clown crew of warmongering Liberal Democrats are refusing to let this Russia 'opportunity' pass without a war. The 'acute threat' is more than likely Putin going to the press with everything he has on Hunter. Would Biden actually go to war to stop it? Who knows? Maybe. After all, from Biden's age, mental condition, and health situation, he no longer has much to lose.

I'm predicting he'll get the U.S. involved right before the mid-terms.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 04:13:29 pm »

Thing is Joe Skeezy and crew think that their base is just going to pivot on a dime right after all that moral self-righteousness over Afghanistan.

I can't think of a better way to make their base to stay home.

The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 04:18:44 pm »

I'm predicting he'll get the U.S. involved right before the mid-terms.
Biden has been cheering for war for over six months now. He practically lit a green light for Putin to invade. Then, all the so called 'gaffes' where Biden claimed he was sending American troops to Ukraine, then called for Putin to be ousted from office.

Were all of Biden's 'misspoke mistakes' accidental, or were they intended to goad Russia into war? Was Biden simply revealing plans being discussing in closed secret meetings?

Biden and the Democrats may believe that a war will distract from the complete catastrophic fiasco they have imposed on America since the first day Biden took office. I think it will hurt Democrats more than help them. But, Democrats think like emotional children, without logic and without rational. So, who knows what they may do?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 06:00:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 10:02:42 pm »
Forget Russia.
Forget China.
We are not being invaded by either of them. Not yet.

We ARE being invaded at our southern border.
Isn't that where our troops and military power should be -- repelling the hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of "invaders" down there...?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 10:11:52 pm »
We ARE being invaded at our southern border.
Isn't that where our troops and military power should be -- repelling the hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of "invaders" down there...?

True, but if China takes Taiwan and destroys the petrodollar they can bring us to our knees without firing a shot at us.
The Republic is lost.

Online rustynail

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 10:12:36 pm »
A cute threat, reminds me of the Bill Clinton days.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 11:12:08 pm »
A cute threat, reminds me of the Bill Clinton days.

:silly:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 11:50:15 pm »
Was that before or after they threatened the world with their nuclear arsenal?

These guys are as sharp as bowling ball.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 12:00:36 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.