Author Topic: California Task Force Votes In Favor Of Slavery Reparations… Stating This Is Only “The First Step?”  (Read 1052 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California Task Force Votes In Favor Of Slavery Reparations… Stating This Is Only “The First Step?”

by Jess Lawson March 31, 2022

Two years ago, far-left California Governor Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, established a task force with the assigned mission of examining slavery reparations. From the beginning, it was clear that the outcome from the task force wasn’t going to be if it would recommend reparations, that was a foregone conclusion. The only question was to whom such reparations should be given.

On Tuesday, that task force finally made their recommendation, and they may also have given a hint that whatever steps were to be taken would only be the beginning. After a lengthy debate and prior to holding the actual vote, the vice-chair of the task force, Rev. Amos Brown who is also president of the San Francisco branch of the NAACP, made the following plea:

“Please, please, please I beg us tonight, take the first step. We’ve got to give emergency treatment to where it is needed.”

Some may interpret “take the first step” as meaning that the task force doesn’t have the authority to pass laws, only to make recommendations. Therefore, future steps will be for elected officials to pass laws and make their recommendations a reality. But others could view Brown’s s request as only the beginning of a continuing, and perhaps never-ending, plan to redistribute wealth in the name of slavery, systemic racism, and other perceived injustices.

In a 5-4 vote, the group decided that only those black Californians who are able to trace their lineage back to enslaved ancestors will be eligible for the state’s “reparations.” But that decision highlights some of the absurdities of the initiative, particularly in answering the question of where to draw the line. And apparently, it represents some of the substance of the debate between task force members.

more
https://thebluestateconservative.com/2022/03/31/california-task-force-votes-in-favor-of-slavery-reparations-stating-this-is-only-the-first-step/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I didn't know California was a slave state................./s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What if we identify as black?

Offline libertybele

I didn't know California was a slave state................./s

Silly you....CA leads the way in American morality!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Silly you....CA leads the way in American morality!
I think there is a misspelled word in your post, even though it's only very specific parts of California that are affected like SanFranshitco, Sacreligiousmento, Burbank where a certain perversion pushing company with mouse ears is headquartered, along with a handful of others.

Offline Kamaji

If California wants to tax itself into penury for this sort of idiocy, ok.  But the financial stupidity must stay firmly confined to the state borders, and no shuffling the costs off to the federal taxpayer or the residents of other states.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If California wants to tax itself into penury for this sort of idiocy, ok.  But the financial stupidity must stay firmly confined to the state borders, and no shuffling the costs off to the federal taxpayer or the residents of other states.
I highly doubt the people of California want this lunacy, and the democrats that are counting on all the Hispanics to support them may just learn that not only do they have conservative family values they also like the majority of Californians don't feel they should be paying anyone for something they had nothing to do with.