Author Topic: Trump's GOP stranglehold faces major test in four primary battles  (Read 469 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's GOP stranglehold faces major test in four primary battles
by David M. Drucker, Senior Political Correspondent |
 | March 30, 2022 06:00 AM

Former President Donald Trump is entering a crucial phase of his lordship over the Republican Party, with four primaries in four states poised to decide his fate as a feared power broker.

Candidates Trump has endorsed for governor in Georgia, for the Senate in North Carolina, and for the House in Wyoming, plus his planned endorsement for the Senate in Ohio, hold the keys to the former president’s standing as the undisputed leader of the Republican Party. Losses in any of these key nominating contests would embolden Republican politicians to buck his directives and challenge him for the 2024 presidential nomination should he run.

Losses in all four would be an unmitigated disaster for Trump.

“He has to notch some electoral wins,” John Couvillon, a GOP pollster in Louisiana, said Tuesday, “for him to continue to have Republicans scared to cross him.”

Perhaps no race looms larger for Trump and his ability to dictate to Republican officials and mold the party in his image than the May 24 GOP gubernatorial primary in Georgia.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trumps-gop-stranglehold-faces-major-test-in-four-primary-battles
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump's GOP stranglehold faces major test in four primary battles
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 01:42:08 pm »
Love how the media tries to deflect the matter that any loss by a Trump endorsed candidate is on him as a disaster.  Like it has nothing to do with the shortcomings of the candiate itself.

The media...  so corrupt, such lying partisan fools, who want to continually want to slant the narrative left.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 06:36:26 pm »
Love how the media tries to deflect the matter that any loss by a Trump endorsed candidate is on him as a disaster.  Like it has nothing to do with the shortcomings of the candiate itself.

The media...  so corrupt, such lying partisan fools, who want to continually want to slant the narrative left.

And people still believe this BS! If true the UNIPARTY VOTER Fraud machine will take place in all of these areas and make sure none of TRUMP endorsed candidates win. The media acts like their was never any VOTER FRAUD in 2020. Only thing is they will be better at it in22 & 24. 333cleo
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 06:38:55 pm by Longiron »

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 06:38:04 pm »
The wheels are under the bus.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 06:48:55 pm »
I guess they forgot about the Texas primaries.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 07:28:44 pm »
The real tests are the general elections among independents.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.