Author Topic: Punched Out At The Oscars (video)👍  (Read 1662 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Punched Out At The Oscars (video)👍
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2022, 09:38:19 pm »
Academy announces 'formal review' into Will Smith-Chris Rock slapping incident
By Judy Kurtz - 03/28/22 03:37 PM EDT

The group that heads up the Oscars says it "condemns the actions" of Will Smith — who slapped Chris Rock during the televised ceremony — and said it would launch "a formal review" into the stunning incident.

The Monday statement from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences cited in multiple reports was the strongest the group had offered following the shocking moment during its annual awards show a night earlier.

The “King Richard” star took to the stage and slapped Rock after the comedian cracked a joke about Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith.
ADVERTISEMENT

“The Academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith at last night’s show,” the group said on Monday.

“We have officially started a formal review around the incident and will explore further action and consequences in accordance with our Bylaws, Standards of Conduct and California law,” it added.

The Academy didn’t immediately return ITK’s request for comment.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/600058-academy-announces-probe-into-will-smith-chris-rock-slapping
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2022, 09:44:48 pm »
btw...there was no punch...it was a slap... ****slapping
A very girly slap, at that. Almost - dare I say - fake.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2022, 09:46:19 pm »
Academy announces 'formal review' into Will Smith-Chris Rock slapping incident
By Judy Kurtz - 03/28/22 03:37 PM EDT

The group that heads up the Oscars says it "condemns the actions" of Will Smith — who slapped Chris Rock during the televised ceremony — and said it would launch "a formal review" into the stunning incident.

The Monday statement from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences cited in multiple reports was the strongest the group had offered following the shocking moment during its annual awards show a night earlier.

The “King Richard” star took to the stage and slapped Rock after the comedian cracked a joke about Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith.
ADVERTISEMENT

“The Academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith at last night’s show,” the group said on Monday.

“We have officially started a formal review around the incident and will explore further action and consequences in accordance with our Bylaws, Standards of Conduct and California law,” it added.

The Academy didn’t immediately return ITK’s request for comment.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/600058-academy-announces-probe-into-will-smith-chris-rock-slapping

Geez, now I am really thinking this thing was a smolleted staged event.  Draw out a long investigation with lots a drama like a reality TV show.  Academy Award ratings had dropped so much, they needed some kind of jump start.   Here it is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2022, 01:11:00 am »
Will Smith apologizes for striking Chris Rock at the Oscars
By Sarah Polus - 03/28/22 07:56 PM EDT

Oscar-winning actor Will Smith released a public apology on Monday after slapping comedian Chris Rock during Sunday night's Academy Awards.

In a statement posted to his official Instagram and Facebook accounts, Smith condemned his own behavior, calling it "unacceptable and inexcusable."

Smith made headlines and set social media ablaze after he took to the stage and hit Rock after the comedian made a joke about his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. Minutes later, the "King Richard" star won the Oscar for best actor.

"I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris," Smith wrote, adding that violence of any kind is inexcusable.

"I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness," he added.

Smith also apologized to the academy, show producers, attendees, his castmates, television viewers, and the family of tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams, on whom "King Richard" is based.

"I deeply regret that my behavior has stained what has been an otherwise gorgeous journey for all of us," he wrote.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/600113-will-smith-apologizes-for-striking-chris-rock
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2022, 11:24:24 am »
Will Smith apologizes for striking Chris Rock at the Oscars

I am so ready for this NOT to be news.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2022, 11:45:59 am »
I am so ready for this NOT to be news.

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2022, 01:28:11 pm »
Tim Young
@TimRunsHisMouth
Jussie Smollett was convicted of a hate crime and sentenced.
Will Smith assaulted a man on live TV.
Alec Baldwin shot and killed someone...

And they're all comfortable at home... yet Hollywood will continue to lecture us on privilege.
12:41 AM · Mar 29, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2022, 02:05:12 pm »
Tim Young
@TimRunsHisMouth
Jussie Smollett was convicted of a hate crime and sentenced.
Will Smith assaulted a man on live TV.
Alec Baldwin shot and killed someone...

And they're all comfortable at home... yet Hollywood will continue to lecture us on privilege.
12:41 AM · Mar 29, 2022·

:thumbsup:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2022, 07:33:51 pm »
Bitch slap of the month current contenders are:
Juwan Howard and Will Smith.
However we have a few days remaining for other entrants.
Polls are now open no registration required...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2022, 10:39:48 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPNDkr0xyJ0&ab_channel=TerrenceKWilliams

Not strange that cameras were pre prepared and pointed at Smith before the encounter? 

Reality TV at its best.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2022, 12:39:46 am »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2022, 12:41:07 am »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2022, 12:44:31 am »

Online rustynail

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2022, 03:06:35 pm »

https://twitter.com/awilliamscomedy/status/1508745047310807051

I still find it interesting that the camera-men were focusing their cameras on Smith before the joke unfolded.

I still think this whole damned thing was Smolleted.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024