Author Topic: GOP Must Promise Inquisitions, Not Meaningless Task Forces By Julie Kelly  (Read 322 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Must Promise Inquisitions, Not Meaningless Task Forces
The January 6 committee has crossed a massive line in the sand with its attack on the Thomases; Republicans need to respond accordingly. Policy task forces won’t cut it.

By Julie Kelly
March 28, 2022

Using the pretext of the so-called insurrection on January 6, 2021, the long knives are out for Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

Post-election text exchanges between Mrs. Thomas and Mark Meadows, President Trump’s chief-of-staff, recently were leaked by the January 6 select committee to none other than the Washington Post’s Bob Woodward, who darkly described the communications as proof that “Ginni Thomas used her access to Trump’s inner circle to promote and seek to guide the president’s strategy to overturn the election result.”

The small cache of texts—29 total—shows Thomas expressing frustration at the election’s outcome. There is nothing sinister, and certainly nothing criminal, about the messages.

But like everything related to the events of January 6, the truth doesn’t matter. Doubt about the legitimacy of the 2020 election is considered a thoughtcrime and handled as such by Joe Biden’s Justice Department and Congress; CNN reported Monday afternoon that the January 6 select committee led by U.S. Representative Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) now wants to interview Thomas. If she refuses—as she should—it’s highly likely the committee will issue a subpoena to compel her testimony, which it has done in numerous cases.

The poisonous tree of Thompson’s committee is yielding a bumper crop of political fruit for House Democrats and their useful idiots in the Republican Party such as Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.). With little else to run on and a White House in freefall, Democrats think they can sustain enough outrage over January 6 to stem major electoral losses in November.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/28/gop-must-promise-inquisitions-not-meaningless-task-forces/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

There is an America outside the Washington Beltway that would like to actually accomplish something tangible.

The Congressional inquisitions and kangaroo courts are publicity stunts for ambitious politicians.  What Congressman or Senator doesn't love the sound of his own voice on TV, speaking thousands of words to say, and achieve, nothing.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 04:37:04 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The problem is, the more the GOPe threatens "inquisitions," the harder it becomes to believe they'll do something they've never, ever done before.

I think the promises are empty.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Kamaji

The problem is, the more the GOPe threatens "inquisitions," the harder it becomes to believe they'll do something they've never, ever done before.

Same here.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

They are with McCarthy and McConnell at the helm.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I miss the days when GOP had a well-defined agenda - Contract with America.  Now, it's agenda is just a C-Span programming schedule for hearings.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.