Author Topic: Colorado Jury Awards $14 Million to George Floyd Rioters Injured by Police  (Read 99 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Colorado Jury Awards $14 Million to George Floyd Rioters Injured by Police
By Eric Lendrum
March 28, 2022

On Friday, a jury in Denver, Colorado gave their verdict awarding $14 million in damages to 12 plaintiffs who were injured by police after participating in violent race riots in the summer of 2020.

As reported by the New York Post, the jury claimed that police in Denver used excessive force when they attempted to shut down the violence, and in doing so allegedly violated the rioters’ constitutional rights.

The decision was celebrated by the far-left American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which declared through a spokesman that “the verdict is a message to the police department, to the highest echelons of the police department, but also a message to police departments all over the country.”

The jury, consisting of two men and six women, came to their decision after four hours of deliberation, following a three-week trial. The protesters who sued the police suffered various non-fatal injuries from such non-lethal weapons as pepper spray and lead fired from a shotgun. The largest reward went to Zach Packard, who was given $3 million after the aforementioned lead shot hit him in the head and put him in the hospital.

Another protester, Stanford Smith, was hit by pepper spray and falsely claimed that his life was in danger from the non-lethal weapon.

“I feared for my life, because I couldn’t see, I couldn’t breathe,” he said in an interview. “What the police did was wrong, and we wanted the facts to come out in court.”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/28/colorado-jury-awards-14-million-to-george-floyd-rioters-injured-by-police/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I can just see the job ads:

Need to hire:  Rioters.  Good pay and benefits. Whites need not apply.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:45:37 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Got to say it one more time:
George Floyd wasn't murdered.