Author Topic: Biden refuses to rule out first-strike use of US nuclear weapons under 'extreme circumstances' in dr  (Read 503 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

DAILYMAIL.COM
By KEITH GRIFFITH
PUBLISHED: 26 March 2022

President Joe Biden is abandoning a campaign vow to alter longstanding US nuclear doctrine, and will instead embrace existing policy that reserves America's right to use nukes in a first-strike scenario, according to multiple reports.

As Russian forces continue their bloody assault on Ukraine, Biden is under pressure from NATO allies not to abandon the right to use nuclear weapons to deter conventional attacks.

Since the Cold War, American policy has allowed for first-strike use of nuclear weapons under 'extreme circumstances,' such as responding to an invasion by conventional forces, or chemical or biological attacks.

But on the campaign trail, Biden had vowed to switch to a 'sole purpose' doctrine, which maintains that the US would only use nuclear weapons to respond to another nation's nuclear attack.

(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10654341/Biden-refuses-rule-strike-use-nuclear-weapons-extreme-circumstances.html

-------------------
I am more afraid of Biden than Jimmy Carter. Carter was extremely naïve and had no discernable leadership skills whatsoever. But he was not a senile, bumbling, train wreck, with no control over what he publicly says. I am worried that Biden could accidentally start WWIII and not even know it. "How did that happen?"

I join with the ever growing chorus of political science savvy intellectuals calling for President Biden to be sequestered from travelling abroad, and include the hapless Kamala as well. These two imbeciles could potentially say or do something out of sheer ignorance which could result in global complications and the ramifications that may follow.

Biden coupled with Kamala are so completely clueless about international affairs and the world in general that it would be better if they stay in America under close supervision.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

Effin' idiot will get us all killed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The country club pr*ck strikes again.

He does what he wants, you do what you're told, or his mafia goons will put you in your place.

He's a tough guy. C'mon man, it's just some nukes.
The Republic is lost.

rebewranger

What is "extreme?"  If Ruskies attack Gen. Patten's army?  :whistle:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Seems to me that the nuclear policy of the United States has ALWAYS ruled out "defensive use only".

In other words, the USA has always reserved the right to "strike first".
(As we did in WW2, for a matter of fact)

Without such policy, seems to me that "mutual assured destruction" would lose some of its "deterrent effect".

So I'd have to say that ol' white joe's statement -- at least in this instance -- was somewhat "in line" with longstanding USA nuclear doctrine...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 10:05:04 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline libertybele

What is "extreme?"  If Ruskies attack Gen. Patten's army?  :whistle:

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.