Author Topic: Home invasion suspects posing as candy sellers sought after injuring older woman  (Read 865 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Home invasion suspects posing as candy sellers sought after injuring older woman

Two men ransacked the home while a third suspect held the victim at gunpoint.
ByLauren Meltzer
March 24, 2022, 6:09 PM

A woman in her 70s was recovering from injuries Thursday after being forcibly held at gunpoint while suspects ransacked her home.

The home invasion took place Tuesday evening in Oak Lawn, Illinois, when a female suspect pretending to be selling candy approached the residence, police said. The older woman declined to make a purchase and closed the door.

Upon answering a second doorbell, the victim encountered the female suspect, believed to be a teenager, standing next to a man who was armed with a handgun, authorities said. He forced his way into the residence, ultimately knocking the older woman to the ground.

According to police, two men looted the home while the female suspect held the victim at gunpoint. The trio then fled to a getaway vehicle, a white Kia Optima, which was driven by a fourth suspect.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspects-sought-woman-70s-injured-home-invasion-robbery/story?id=83658109
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

It seems like these thugs either go after women or the elderly.

If you don’t have a gun by now then you’ll be a target

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

She should have had a peephole and a camera installed, and should have called the police immediately if they refused to go away. 

It’s one thing to be neighborly to strangers when one is 40 or 50; another thing entirely when one is frail and in one’s 70s.