Author Topic: State Dept.’s Chollet: Iran Deal Is Best Path, ‘Particularly’ with Prospect of WMD Use in Ukraine by  (Read 141 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
State Dept.’s Chollet: Iran Deal Is Best Path, ‘Particularly’ with Prospect of WMD Use in Ukraine by Russia

Ian Hanchett 25 Mar 2022

On Thursday’s edition of the “Pod Save America” podcast, State Department Counselor Derek Chollet argued that getting back into the Iran nuclear deal is the best path, “particularly, given the moment we’re in, where we were just talking about the possible use of WMD in Ukraine” by Russia.

Chollet stated, “I think our perspective is, Dan, first, the policy that we inherited, the policy of the last several years now of so-called maximum pressure against Iran has not worked, at all. It’s made Iran’s program more dangerous — nuclear program more dangerous and it’s made Iran a more dangerous actor throughout the Middle East. So, we believe that getting back to the JCPOA, which puts Iran’s nuclear program in a box, is the best way forward, and I think particularly, given the moment we’re in, where we were just talking about the possible use of WMD in Ukraine, the last thing we need is another nuclear crisis in the world happening simultaneously. So, we’re not there yet at a deal. I don’t know whether we will be able to finish the deal with the Iranians. Because we still have some details to figure out, but if we do enter the deal — re-enter the deal, I think it would make us safer.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/25/state-dept-s-chollet-iran-deal-is-best-path-particularly-with-prospect-of-wmd-use-in-ukraine-by-russia/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OMG these people are such idiots!  9999hair out0000
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
more

State Dept.’s Chollet: Russia Was ‘Relatively Constructive’ in Iran Talks Before Invasion, We Can Work Out Disagreements with Them

On Thursday’s edition of the “Pod Save America” podcast, State Department Counselor Derek Chollet stated that up until their invasion of Ukraine, Russia was “a relatively constructive part” of the talks over the Iran deal, and that while there was “a wrinkle a few weeks ago” with Russia, “I think that could be ironed out.”

Chollet said, “So, Russia has been part of the process going back to the original Iran agreement negotiated during the Obama administration as part of the negotiations with the Iranians to curb their nuclear program. Really, up until this crisis, up until the invasion, they had been a relatively constructive part of those negotiations. They weren’t throwing up roadblocks or anything. We hit a wrinkle a few weeks ago with them. But I think that could be ironed out. But we have — we are still not at an agreement yet with a return to the…JCPOA, the Iran nuclear deal.”

He added that “we’re not there yet at a deal. I don’t know whether we will be able to finish the deal with the Iranians. Because we still have some details to figure out, but if we do enter the deal — re-enter the deal, I think it would make us safer.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/25/state-dept-s-chollet-russia-was-relatively-constructive-in-iran-talks-before-invasion-we-can-work-out-disagreements-with-them/
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I am convinced there is a Presidental decision dartboard in the Oval Office, and Biden and company are just f'n with us.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 24, 2022 8:15pm EDT
Biden administration may allow Russia to buy Iran's excess enriched uranium under new nuclear deal
Nuclear negotiations continue amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine
By Paul Best | Fox News

The Biden administration is considering allowing Russia to buy Iran's excess enriched uranium under the terms of a new nuclear deal, U.S. officials said this week.

Under the original Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPO) in 2015, Russia agreed to buy Iran's excess uranium so that the regime could not build a nuclear weapon, a role that may be revived in the new deal.

"Would it be a practical role for Russia to play the same role that it did in the JCPOA prior to the decision to withdraw from it, essentially to accept and to pay for the highly enriched uranium to get it out of Iran’s hands so that Iran cannot obtain a nuclear weapon? I think that’s a role we’d be willing to entertain. Yes," State Department spokesperson Ned Price said Wednesday.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/biden-administration-russia-iran-excess-enriched-uranium-new-nuclear-deal
Support the USO