Author Topic: Russia-Allied Belarus Grants Jan 6th Protestor Asylum Citing ‘Political Persecution’  (Read 206 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Russia-Allied Belarus Grants Jan 6th Protestor Asylum Citing ‘Political Persecution’

Peter Caddle 24 Mar 2022

Evan Neumann, who is wanted on a number of charges in relation to the January 6th 2021 protests, has been granted asylum in Belarus after alleging “political persecution” in the U.S.

California man Evan Neumann has officially been granted asylum in Belarus over allegations he was being politically persecuted in the United States.

Neumann is wanted on a number of criminal charges in the U.S., having been accused of assaulting a police officer during the now-infamous January 6th protests which occurred in Washington DC in 2021.

According to a report by British state-owned broadcaster the BBC, Neumann’s asylum claim has been accepted by Belarus, the country having officially granted the 48-year old asylum status.

“Now you are completely under the protection of the Republic of Belarus,” Neumann was reportedly told by one of the country’s immigration officials in an event filmed by Belarusian state broadcaster Belta.

“I am glad Belarus took care of me. I am upset to find myself in a situation where I have problems in my own country,” the Californian is reported as telling the Belarusian broadcaster regarding his “mixed feelings” on his accepted asylum application.

Neumann has previously spoken out on the charges levied against him by U.S. authorities, saying that he is a victim of “political persecution”.

“It’s terrible,” he said back in November. “It is a political persecution, not a criminal investigation, but political persecution.”

“I do not consider myself having inflicted any harm,” he continued. “One of the charges was particularly insulting, namely that I hit a police officer. This has no grounds at all.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/03/24/russia-allied-belarus-grants-jan-6th-protestor-asylum-citing-political-persecution/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34