Author Topic: New Jersey should let we the people vote on self-serve gas (Opinion)  (Read 346 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
When it comes to being able to pump our own gas in New Jersey, in the words of Jersey's own Frankie Valli: "So close and yet so far.”

Just when we thought that with a new Senate president and a proposed bill that would bring self-serve gas to New Jersey we could finally be able to pump our own and not be at the mercy of an overworked or lazy attendant while we stare dumbfounded at an orange cone in front of the pump, new Senate President Nicholas Scutari opposes the idea.

Without Scutari's support, the bill to make self-serve an option in New Jersey will never see a vote in the upper house.

https://nj1015.com/new-jersey-should-let-we-the-people-vote-on-self-serve-gas-opinion/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: New Jersey should let we the people vote on self-serve gas (Opinion)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 01:26:50 pm »
Every couple of years, some politician floats this idea. So far, it hasn’t gone through.

Dunno if this will be a ballot question in November
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 01:29:27 pm »
I have never understood why New Jerseyites do not trust themselves to pump their own gas.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 01:32:40 pm »
I have never understood why New Jerseyites do not trust themselves to pump their own gas.

I can think of some examples why some people shouldn't pump gas.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 01:33:57 pm »
I can think of some examples why some people shouldn't pump gas.....

Yes, so can I.  But are those risks so predominant in NJ that self-service should be illegal?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 01:36:24 pm »
Yes, so can I.  But are those risks so predominant in NJ that self-service should be illegal?

No, just being a thorn in the topic, by adding the Darwin Award Candidates in the mix.

I used to take Business Trips to NJ, mostly in the '90's, but don't remember having to have someone else pump my gas.  Maybe I didn't use enough in my rental, but ........
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 01:38:07 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 01:37:33 pm »
No, just being a thorn in the topic, by adding the Darwin Award Candidates in the mix.

@catfish1957
:thumbsup: