Author Topic: It's time to gear up for two 50-point hikes in May and June, says Goldman  (Read 339 times)

Offline libertybele

It's time to gear up for two 50-point hikes in May and June, says Goldman

Investors should be on the lookout for an aggressive Federal Reserve, said Goldman Sachs, projecting two 50-basis-point hikes at the May and June meeting followed by 25-point hikes at the remaining four meetings of the year.

"We now forecast 50bp hikes at both the May and June meetings, followed by 25bp hikes at the four remaining meetings in the back half of 2022 and three quarterly hikes in 2023Q1-Q3," Goldman economists Jan Hatzius and David Mericle wrote in a note on Monday. "Our best guess is that the shift in wording from 'steadily' in January to 'expeditiously' today is a signal that a 50bp rate hike is coming."

Goldman's terminal rate remained between 3% to 3.25%.

The updated projections come after Fed Chair Jerome Powell took a clear stance on inflation on Monday, stating that it is "much too high" and urging that the time to act is now.

"If we conclude that it is appropriate to move more aggressively by raising the federal funds rate by more than 25 basis points at a meeting or meetings, we will do so," Powell said at the National Association for Business Economics conference. "The risk is rising that an extended period of high inflation could push longer-term expectations uncomfortably higher, which underscores the need for the Committee to move expeditiously."..............

https://www.kitco.com/news/2022-03-22/It-s-time-to-gear-up-for-two-50-point-hikes-in-May-and-June-says-Goldman.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Oh Sh__.  Goldman Sacs dictating financial policy?

That worked out so well back in '08. /s

50 bp raises will just hasten the inflationary demise, without giving the economy a chance to retrench and recover after the dims get booted from congress in '23.

Idiots.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Goldman would know.  They own the Government.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.