Author Topic: FNC’s Carlson: Everyone Is ‘Lying’ — Ukraine Is Not a Democracy  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: FNC’s Carlson: Everyone Is ‘Lying’ — Ukraine Is Not a Democracy
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2022, 04:46:19 pm »
Russian Government - No
Ukranian Government - No
Urkranian citizens- Yes

Is that too hard?

It appears to be too hard for those people who can only manage to criticize Ukraine and somehow never manage to criticize Russia, no matter how much they profess that "both are bad".
Let it burn.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2022, 04:47:33 pm »
It appears to be too hard for those people who can only manage to criticize Ukraine and somehow never manage to criticize Russia, no matter how much they profess that "both are bad".

Can you provide an example of even one Briefer here who is not criticizing Russia?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2022, 04:49:47 pm »
Like hell he didn't! Just ask the owners of the hundreds of newspapers he had destroyed!

True. I was thinking more officially, as a matter of law.

He took the coward's route on that one.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2022, 04:53:43 pm »
True. I was thinking more officially, as a matter of law.

He took the coward's route on that one.

What he did was throw the doors through which every progressive since have walked wide open!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2022, 04:57:34 pm »
So, it's perfectly OK for presidents to walk all over the constitution if conditions are right?  @Kamaji

Article I, Section IX, Clause 2:  "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2022, 05:06:33 pm »

Article I, Section IX, Clause 2:  "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Not getting picky, but when Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus on May 25, 1861, there was a solid soverign boundry between the USA and CSA.  IMO technically he didn't have the right until Lee crossed over into Maryland and  the few days leading up to Antietam in September 1862.

Yeah,  there were local fights within MD, NY, and PA, but they were handled mostly at the local and state level.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2022, 05:07:51 pm »
Not getting picky, but when Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus on May 25, 1861, there was a solid soverign boundry between the USA and CSA.  IMO technically he didn't have the right until Lee crossed over into Maryland and  the few days leading up to Antietam in September 1862.

Yeah,  there were local fights within MD, NY, and PA, but they were handled mostly at the local and state level.

Not getting picky, but you're going to get picky.  :shrug:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2022, 05:24:39 pm »
I think we've been quite clear that we abhor Putin and his actions against the Ukrainian people. It's  possible to
1. Criticize Putin
2. Criticize Zelenskyy
3. Support Ukrainian civilians
... all at the same time, as they are not contradictory positions to hold.
I have yet to see any Briefer support Russia's invasion, and I certainly hope you aren't suggesting it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2022, 05:26:48 pm »
Can you provide an example of even one Briefer here who is not criticizing Russia?

Yes I could, but they would just deny it. But my point is, occasionally saying "Russia is bad too" is not the same as posting every anti-Ukraine article and comment that can be found, which is what is happening. It's clear that some people on the right think Ukraine deserves what Russia is doing, and don't want the U.S. to do anything to stop it.
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2022, 05:28:25 pm »
Yes I could, but they would just deny it. But my point is, occasionally saying "Russia is bad too" is not the same as posting every anti-Ukraine article and comment that can be found, which is what is happening. It's clear that some people on the right think Ukraine deserves what Russia is doing, and don't want the U.S. to do anything to stop it.

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2022, 05:30:06 pm »
Zelensky just shut down all opposition pro-Kremlin political parties in a complete dictatorhip move defense of his country which is being horrendously attacked by the Kremlin.

There, fixed it.  And in Russia invades the US and starts shelling US cities, killing civilians in the process, I would hope that our own government would have the sense to ban any group that supported Russia.  Can you imagine a pro-Japanese opposition group operating in San Francisco or Los Angeles in 1943?  Do you really think FDR would have allowed that?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2022, 05:35:10 pm »

You seem to forget a few minor details there @catfish1957 such as federal troops preventing the Mayland legislature from meeting and the jailing of legislators there.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2022, 05:37:02 pm »
There, fixed it.  And in Russia invades the US and starts shelling US cities, killing civilians in the process, I would hope that our own government would have the sense to ban any group that supported Russia.  Can you imagine a pro-Japanese opposition group operating in San Francisco or Los Angeles in 1943?  Do you really think FDR would have allowed that?

No he didn't.  Carlson even specifically mentoned that the parties Zellinski eliminated were pro Ukranian!!!!  Where do you come up with this stuff?  And consolidation of the media into a Pravda-like arm of the government?  You've tied your fan boy status to a Dictator.....  don't regret this later. 

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2022, 05:37:52 pm »
I think we've been quite clear that we abhor Putin and his actions against the Ukrainian people. It's  possible to
1. Criticize Putin
2. Criticize Zelenskyy
3. Support Ukrainian civilians
... all at the same time, as they are not contradictory positions to hold.
I have yet to see any Briefer support Russia's invasion, and I certainly hope you aren't suggesting it.

When nearly everything that some people post on the topic in some way undermines Ukraine's position, and when called on it they say, "Oh, Putin bad too", then yes, I do suggest that they support Russia's invasion. They're just not open enough to admit it.
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2022, 05:41:29 pm »
Oy vey!

Limitations on political parties and press outfits is de rigueur during wartime.  The U.S. locked down the press during both WWI and WWII, notwithstanding the fact that the U.S. was not fighting for its very survival at the time.

Fifty years later, when the U.S. entered the First World War, the military took control of all radio communications and censored all photographs.

Then Congress passed the Espionage and Sedition Acts, making it illegal to publish anything disrespectful to the government, the flag or the uniforms of American troops.

By the end of the war's first year, 75 U.S. newspapers had lost their mailing privileges or been forced to change their editorial positions.

World War II brought the creation of a military office of censorship.

If the press wanted access, they had to apply for credentials from the office, which meant they had to play ball with the military.

Source:  https://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/feature/media-in-wartime/

Ukraine is fighting for its life; is it any wonder that's it's doing exactly what the U.S. did in WWI and WWII by clamping down on the press?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2022, 05:45:43 pm »
You seem to forget a few minor details there @catfish1957 such as federal troops preventing the Mayland legislature from meeting and the jailing of legislators there.

Good catch, but I was focusing on his post-Habeas Corpus status, as it applied to individual rights, and individual right of dissent.

That event was against  the errant pro-confederate MD legislators, and since they were politicans, this was more seen as military action than citiziens rights.

Not wanting to hijack this thread into another WBTS topic, so I'll shut up.   :cool:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2022, 05:52:00 pm »
Oy vey!

Limitations on political parties and press outfits is de rigueur during wartime.  The U.S. locked down the press during both WWI and WWII, notwithstanding the fact that the U.S. was not fighting for its very survival at the time.

Source:  https://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/feature/media-in-wartime/

Ukraine is fighting for its life; is it any wonder that's it's doing exactly what the U.S. did in WWI and WWII by clamping down on the press?

In my genealogy work I have Newpapers.com, and Genealogy Bank that have actual archived copies of newpapers even back to well in the 1800's.  I've read a lot of papers from the World War I/II  era, and did not see what you are calling "clamping down".  There were plenty of op-ed's out there questioning how FDR and his administration was handling the war.

In fact, the press was more balanced and freer then that it is now as the MSM/Big Tech has it configured.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2022, 06:09:49 pm »
"WATCH: @MaajidNawaz challenges the mainstream narrative on Volodymyr Zelenskyy"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElectionWiz/status/1506281813723041802

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2022, 06:50:35 pm »
Why did the Russian military invade Ukraine?

How did Ukraine pose an imminent danger to Russia?

Where and when will Putin stop the expansion of USSR v2.0 by military force?

Russian aggression is destabilizing EU and NATO members by flooding them with Ukranian refugees.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2022, 06:57:16 pm »
Like hell he didn't! Just ask the owners of the hundreds of newspapers he had destroyed!
:thumbsup:  https://www.historynet.com/stop-the-presses-lincoln-suppresses-journalism/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2022, 07:34:30 pm »
When nearly everything that some people post on the topic in some way undermines Ukraine's position, and when called on it they say, "Oh, Putin bad too", then yes, I do suggest that they support Russia's invasion. They're just not open enough to admit it.
Speaking for myself, that's rubbish. Nothing we say or do here undermines Ukraine or bolsters Russia in any way.

When I criticize Biden, I'm not "undermining" the United States of America. I can distinguish between a corrupt official and the people he so poorly serves.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2022, 07:37:14 pm »
It's clear that some people on the right think Ukraine deserves what Russia is doing, and don't want the U.S. to do anything to stop it.
It's not clear to me. I have seen no one at this discussion forum nor any conservative on Twitter or Facebook say or even remotely imply that Ukraine (specifically, the Ukrainian people) deserved any of this. You're inferring something that simply has not been said.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2022, 07:46:16 pm »
It's not clear to me. I have seen no one at this discussion forum nor any conservative on Twitter or Facebook say or even remotely imply that Ukraine (specifically, the Ukrainian people) deserved any of this. You're inferring something that simply has not been said.

pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2022, 08:34:01 pm »
Why did the Russian military invade Ukraine?

How did Ukraine pose an imminent danger to Russia?

Where and when will Putin stop the expansion of USSR v2.0 by military force?

Russian aggression is destabilizing EU and NATO members by flooding them with Ukranian refugees.

All very fair and good questions and comments.......

However, everyone should realize that one of the main reasons that the EU came into being was to create an entity union around economics, political, and security.  With that, the GDP of the EU though somewhat smaller than the U.S. could arguably be more sound fiscally. With that,  the EU should be in the overwhelming and almost exclusive lead dealing with the Ukraine-Russia conflict.

I kind of support a reverse-Monroe Doctrine kind of approach.  We never got repaid for the Marshall Plan, and have wasted trillions trying to be world policeman and nation builders.  Let's fix our own house for the forseeable future.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 08:36:42 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2022, 08:40:43 pm »

You are right, I am inferring something. I've learned that a lot of people hide their true motivations, and so actions speak louder to me than words.
Let it burn.