Author Topic: Liz Cheney: Jan. 6 panel mulling ‘enhanced criminal penalties’ in response to Trump’s ‘dereliction o  (Read 396 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney: Jan. 6 panel mulling ‘enhanced criminal penalties’ in response to Trump’s ‘dereliction of duty’
March 21, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) danced around a question about criminal referrals to suggest possible legislative action by way of “enhanced criminal penalties” as the January 6 select committee ramps up their narrative-building in the lead up to the midterms.

Cheney joined NBC’s Chuck Todd on “Meet the Press” Sunday where they discussed the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the Iran nuclear deal. Before the conversation ended, Todd sought an update on the House of Representatives’ heavily partisan investigation into the events that took place on Capitol Hill during the certification of the 2020 presidential election.

Specifically, Todd set up an opportunity for Cheney to bring up former President Donald Trump when he asked, “The public exposé that you guys are eventually going to do…should we expect criminal referrals on this?”

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/1505540057633112064

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/21/liz-cheney-jan-6-panel-mulling-enhanced-criminal-penalties-in-response-to-trumps-dereliction-of-duty-1215435/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How long until she demands Donald Trump to not be allowed legal counsel, ala Hillary Clinton in the early 70's?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm mulling the futility of mulling about things.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

I'm mulling the futility of mulling about things.

They're mulling over what new laws to pass that they can then go back and charge Trump for.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They're mulling over what new laws to pass that they can then go back and charge Trump for.
They are ignoring Habeas Corpus, why not ignore ex post facto, too?

Double Jeopardy, anyone?

It is precisely this kind of crap that is why I am against an Article 5 Convention of States.

If they won't follow the rules we have, they won't pay attention to any new ones.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 06:27:06 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis