Author Topic: Stacey Abrams lands cringe cameo as president of the ENTIRE planet Earth on ‘Star Trek’  (Read 277 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stacey Abrams lands cringe cameo as president of the ENTIRE planet Earth on ‘Star Trek’
March 17, 2022 | Robert Jonathan

Failed 2018 gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams has received a promotion: She is now president of “United Earth.”

The Democrat ascended to that exalted position in a cringe cameo role on the season four finale of “Star Trek: Discovery” in the closing scene.

Showrunner Michelle Paradise characterized Abrams’ appearance in the Paramount+ series as “awesome” but couldn’t remember who specifically on the staff came up with the casting choice. Series creator Alex Kurtzman apparently gave the idea the green light immediately, however.

“And she was so kind. And we got on Zoom with her, and we pitched her where we were for the season and who this character was and what this character would represent. And asked if she would be a part of this with us. Honestly, I can’t think of anyone better to represent the president of Earth in all of that,” Paradise told IndieWire.

Abrams, who is said to be a big Star Trek franchise fan, purportedly collaborated on her few lines of dialogue (which are kind of global-ish) in the script as well as the costuming.

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFno2X-uAcY&ab_channel=TrekNFT

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/17/stacey-abrams-lands-cringe-cameo-as-president-of-the-entire-planet-earth-on-star-trek-1214008/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Glad she's doing the Sci Fi circles....

Next week she'll be making a Cameo as Mrs. Jabba the Hutt.....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 09:14:08 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Abrams, who is said to be a big Star Trek franchise fan ...
Well, they got that right.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Bad casting.  She is more of a Klingon-Borg hybrid.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

I have a feeling she'd exceed any of the weight restrictions on spacecraft.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
She couldn't fly on any spaceship because the warp drive would get stuck in her gravity well.
The Republic is lost.

rebewranger

Well, she does deserve recognition as the preident of BLARC (Black Liars And Racists Club). :yowsa:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In space no one can hear her screams of racism.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

In space no one can hear her screams of racism.

:silly:

Especially if we put her out without a helmet on!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have a feeling she'd exceed any of the weight restrictions on spacecraft.
"Captain, I dinna think the inertial dampners can take it!"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis