Author Topic: 10 Realities of Ukraine By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 163 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
10 Realities of Ukraine By Victor Davis Hanson
« on: March 17, 2022, 04:13:21 pm »
10 Realities of Ukraine
We should not rehash the past but learn from it—and thereby ensure Vladimir Putin is defeated now and deterred in the future.
By Victor Davis Hanson
March 16, 2022

One. Reassuring an enemy what one will not do ensures that the enemy will do just that and more. Unpredictability and occasional enigmatic silence bolster deterrence. But Joe Biden’s predictable reassurance to Russian President Vladimir Putin that he will show restraint means Putin likely will not.

Two. No-fly zones don’t work in a big-power, symmetrical standoff. In a cost-benefit analysis, they are not worth the risk of shooting down the planes of a nuclear power. They usually do little to stop planes outside of such zones shooting missiles into them. Sending long-range, high-altitude anti-aircraft batteries to Ukraine to deny Russian air superiority is a far better way of regaining air parity.

Three. Europe, NATO members, and Germany in particular have de facto admitted that their past decades of shutting down nuclear plants, coal mines, and oil and gas fields have left Europe at the mercy of Russia. They are promising to rearm and meet their promised military contributions. By their actions, they are admitting that their critics, the United States in particular, were right, and they were dangerously wrong in empowering Putin.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/16/10-realities-of-ukraine/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: 10 Realities of Ukraine By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 05:20:21 pm »
:thumbsup:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 05:27:22 pm »
 :yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 05:01:18 pm »
Five — Americans are finally digesting just how destructive the humiliating flight from Afghanistan was. The catastrophe signaled to Russia, China, North Korea and Iran that Western deterrence had died.

No surprise that Russia sent missiles into a Ukrainian base near the Polish-NATO border.
Joe Biden has make the USA the laughingstock of the world.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 05:19:39 pm »
From a Cold War perspective ...

Your enemy is in the open, wounded, vulernable, and off-balance.  This when the pride of lions surrounds its prey, and finishes it off.

Biden's failure to realize the opportunity of now, to have the Russians remove Putin from power, will give Putin the time to formulate his comeback plan, and strike back.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.