Author Topic: Zelensky invokes 9/11 in pressing Congress for help  (Read 990 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Zelensky invokes 9/11 in pressing Congress for help
« on: March 16, 2022, 01:44:54 pm »
Zelensky invokes 9/11 in pressing Congress for help
By Morgan Chalfant and Laura Kelly - 03/16/22 09:35 AM EDT

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Wednesday implored the U.S. to “close the sky over Ukraine,” invoking Pearl Harbor and 9/11 and showing graphic images of the destruction and death wrought by Russia’s attack on Ukraine.

“Right now, the destiny of our country is being decided, the destiny of our people, whether the Ukrainians will be free, whether they will be able to preserve their democracy,” Zelensky said in an impassioned virtual address to members of Congress. “Russia has turned the Ukrainian sky into a source of death for thousands of people.”

Zelensky used the speech to call for a humanitarian no-fly zone — an option the U.S. and NATO have consistently ruled out — and called for delivery of Soviet-era S-300 air defense systems to repel Russian air strikes.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/598398-zelensky-invokes-9-11-in-pressing-congress-for-help
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Zelensky invokes 9/11 in pressing Congress for help
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 01:48:20 pm »
9/11?

We all know how well that worked out.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 01:49:27 pm »
 March 16, 2022 8:49am EDT
Biden to respond to Ukraine President Zelenskyy's address to Congress with promise of more military aid
Zelenskyy expected to plead with US and NATO to order Russian planes not to fly over Ukraine

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is set to deliver a virtual address to Congress Wednesday morning, and he is expected to again request a no-fly zone over Ukraine as Russia's brutal invasion of the country continues.

While the White House has said a no-fly zone would be escalatory, President Biden will follow Zelenskyy and announce an additional $800 million in military funding for Ukraine – on top of the $200 million that was announced Saturday.

In addition to the aid, Zelenskyy is expected to continue to plead with the United States and NATO to order Russian planes not to fly over his country.

Ukraine's new request for assistance is expected to include weapons that will help troops on the ground, such as Stinger missiles and anti-tank Javelin missiles. It may also include new assistance, such as armed drones and communication-jamming equipment.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/russia-ukraine-biden-response-zelenskyy-address-congress

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 02:02:48 pm »
While the White House has said a no-fly zone would be escalatory, President Biden will follow Zelenskyy and announce an additional $800 million in military funding for Ukraine – on top of the $200 million that was announced Saturday.

The White House sure does a lot of 'announcing' and 'ordering'.  But they are woefully short when it comes to 'delivering'.

Bottom line, the White House doesn't want to do anything that would "escalate" the conflict.  And their core belief is that arming the Ukrainians would be an escalation.  So they've set aside billions in money.  Several billion has been given to the Defense Dept for their own use.  But at the same time, they are blocking weapons that someone else is trying to donate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 02:06:29 pm »
Biden to announce $1B arms package, weighs giving Ukraine tank-killing Switchblade ‘kamikaze’ drones
March 16, 2022 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Biden weighs giving Ukraine game-changing tank-killing Switchblade ‘kamikaze’ drones as part of $1B arms package

President Joe Biden is mulling over whether to provide Ukraine with deadly tank-killing kamikaze “Switchblade” drones as part of a $1 billion arms package to assist President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in his fight against invading Russian forces.

The drones are small, lightweight, and inexpensive. They carry remotely controlled bombs and come in two versions that are designed to take out tanks or artillery targets with “loitering missiles.”

Washington DC-based AeroVironment is the producer of the technology. The proposal to send the drones to Ukraine was first reported by NBC News.

“It allows our warfighter to have a battlefield superiority, which our enemies can’t see, can’t hear, can’t tell it’s coming, and really precisely achieve a specific mission effect,” AeroVironment’s Afghan-born CEO Wahid Nawabi noted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ZtFUxXzQg&t=1s&ab_channel=NBCNews

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/16/biden-to-announce-1b-arms-package-weighs-giving-ukraine-tank-killing-switchblade-kamikaze-drones-1213185/
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 02:12:14 pm »
Beck played his speech this a.m., I listened to part of it while I was out; he made reference to 9-11, Pearl Harbor and sited "I Have a Dream".

Frankly, I took offense.  The references he made IMO were to guilt the U.S. into doing what he expected of us. His reference to MLK was perhaps playing the race card.

I feel deeply for the people of Ukraine, but we are NOT responsible for what Russia is doing, we have extremely weak leadership right now. We are facing problems with the Saudis and China right now as well.  Zelenskyy is basically wanting a WW III to rescue Ukraine.

Joe has been sending them millions and now billions to help in aid. 

Meanwhile the obvious; we have HUGE problems at our southern border, our economy is taking and we have a very corrupt gov't in place.

We need to straighten out our own mess before we can enter into theirs.  Lord only knows what kind of deals Joe has made with both Putin and Zelenskyy and also the ME; Iran in particular. Joe has destroyed relationships around the globe with our allies which is another huge concern.

Perhaps this sounds heartless, but I think we should not get anymore involved, and the billions should have never been sent.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 02:16:35 pm »
Beck played his speech this a.m., I listened to part of it while I was out; he made reference to 9-11, Pearl Harbor and sited "I Have a Dream".

Frankly, I took offense.  The references he made IMO were to guilt the U.S. into doing what he expected of us. His reference to MLK was perhaps playing the race card.

I feel deeply for the people of Ukraine, but we are NOT responsible for what Russia is doing, we have extremely weak leadership right now. We are facing problems with the Saudis and China right now as well.  Zelenskyy is basically wanting a WW III to rescue Ukraine.

Meanwhile the obvious; we have HUGE problems at our southern border, our economy is taking and we have a very corrupt gov't in place.

We need to straighten out our own mess before we can enter into theirs.  Lord only knows what kind of deals Joe has made with both Putin and Zelenskyy and also the ME; Iran in particular. Joe has destroyed relationships around the globe with our allies which is another huge concern.

Perhaps this sounds heartless, but I think we should not get anymore involved, and the billions should have never been sent.

You heretic!!!!!   Put your damned blue and teal ribbon on right now and .....   repent!!!!!!   /s

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 02:22:20 pm »
Biden to announce $1B arms package, weighs giving Ukraine tank-killing Switchblade ‘kamikaze’ drones
March 16, 2022 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Biden weighs giving Ukraine game-changing tank-killing Switchblade ‘kamikaze’ drones as part of $1B arms package

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://embed.air.tv/v1/iframe/BwhuSromS6GQzAyvd8mytg?organization=LJ10S7THQdSjR0yQuzEugw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

President Joe Biden is mulling over whether to provide Ukraine with deadly tank-killing kamikaze “Switchblade” drones as part of a $1 billion arms package to assist President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in his fight against invading Russian forces.

The drones are small, lightweight, and inexpensive. They carry remotely controlled bombs and come in two versions that are designed to take out tanks or artillery targets with “loitering missiles.”

Washington DC-based AeroVironment is the producer of the technology. The proposal to send the drones to Ukraine was first reported by NBC News.

“It allows our warfighter to have a battlefield superiority, which our enemies can’t see, can’t hear, can’t tell it’s coming, and really precisely achieve a specific mission effect,” AeroVironment’s Afghan-born CEO Wahid Nawabi noted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ZtFUxXzQg&t=1s&ab_channel=NBCNews

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/16/biden-to-announce-1b-arms-package-weighs-giving-ukraine-tank-killing-switchblade-kamikaze-drones-1213185/

Enough already. How long before this type of 'device' falls into the wrong hands and is eventually used against us??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 02:37:14 pm »

Weird.  On occasion, I've been known to quote from that speech as well.  Had no idea I was playing the race card when I did it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 02:39:03 pm »
Enough already. How long before this type of 'device' falls into the wrong hands and is eventually used against us??

Nothing to worry about.  Biden won't be giving Ukraine any.  You're in good hands.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 02:41:28 pm »
Nothing to worry about.  Biden won't be giving Ukraine any.  You're in good hands.

Maybe Zellensky should contact the Taliban.  I understand Biden left a few spare pieces in Afghanistan. :cool:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2022, 02:51:17 pm »
Maybe Zellensky should contact the Taliban.  I understand Biden left a few spare pieces in Afghanistan. :cool:

Nice thought, but I don't think the Taliban are willing to give up such a nice gift.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2022, 02:57:04 pm »
Zelensky, appeal to the American public.

Congress is too busy with important stuff ... like changing Daylight Savings Time ... The Sunshine Protection Act.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2022, 03:27:54 pm »
Alex Ward
@alexbward
Zelenskyy to Biden: "I wish you to be the leader of the world."
DAMN.
9:23 AM · Mar 16, 2022·

That's a big, hard NO, Mr. Z.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2022, 03:38:02 pm »
Joe Concha
@JoeConchaTV
This video Zelenskyy is showing to Congress is one of the most graphic, heart wrenching things you'll see. It ends with "Close the sky over Ukraine."
9:21 AM · Mar 16, 2022·

Lawyerforlaws
@lawyer4laws
Emotion can't be used for clear eyed decision making
9:40 AM · Mar 16, 2022·

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2022, 03:42:20 pm »
Zelensky's thisclose to being on my last nerve.

I'm growing weary of his emotonal blackmail.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 03:43:39 pm »
Zelensky's thisclose to being on my last nerve.

I'm growing weary of his emotonal blackmail.
I guess it could be called masterful propaganda.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2022, 03:48:03 pm »

What did you expect him to say?  Of course he's making a pitch; it's up to us to consider it with rational thought and decide whether, and to what extent, we will respond.

In my view, a U.S.-enforced no-fly zone is a nonstarter, because that would involve direct armed conflict between U.S. and Russian forces, which violates the very fundamental tenets of the Cold War peace that has existed since 1946.

Otherwise, arming the Ukrainians to the teeth so they can do maximal damage on their own to Russian forces is definitely what we should be doing; that is perfectly in line with how military relations between the U.S. and both the Soviet Union and the Russians have been conducted since 1946.

In other words, proxy wars have always been acceptable and conducted at a conventional level - even if one of the two protagonists, the U.S. or Russia is directly involved - but direct unmediated conflict between the two countries is not, and going to that new level definitely risks a nuclear exchange.

Why is all this phony blame being placed on the wrong people for the wrong reasons?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2022, 03:48:20 pm »

I agree, and it is driving me nuts that people are more concerned with the Ukraine's border being overrun than they are our own.
Heard on Houston News radio station this week that Ukrainians and Russians who have the means to do so, are now flying into Mexico, and coming across the southern border because it is easy to do.
They fly in, buy a cheap car, and drive to border.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2022, 03:48:38 pm »

Why is it propaganda?  It's a sales pitch, pure and simple.

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2022, 03:51:38 pm »
Catturd
@catturd2

Just so you know the current government brainwashing schedule:

Today is supposed to be the day you worship Zelensky.

However,  you can continue to worship Fauci, masks, vaccines, and Big Pharma at your leisure, tomorrow - but today is for Zelensky worship only.

9:41 AM · Mar 16, 2022·Twitter Web App

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2022, 03:52:53 pm »

You're being too kind.   :laugh:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2022, 03:53:40 pm »
It's propaganda in the dictionary sense of the word: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause also : a public action having such an effect.
 Merriam-Webster

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2022, 03:55:33 pm »
It's propaganda in the dictionary sense of the word: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause also : a public action having such an effect.
 Merriam-Webster

I know @mountaineer   .... I was teasing you.   happy77

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2022, 03:56:49 pm »
Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson

When was the last time congress gathered in a theater to watch a desperate plea from American parents who live in the American war zones of Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Los Angeles etc?

Plenty of AMERICAN children dying every day right here.

10:35 AM · Mar 16, 2022·Twitter for iPhone