General Category > Midterm Elections 2022

Report: Oz Looks to Exit Senate Race, Return to Television

<< < (2/2)

catfish1957:
Makes you really wonder why Hannity was hawking this RINO Trojan Horse.

DB:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on March 16, 2022, 03:41:03 am ---Oz: Would Forego Security Clearances in Order to Maintain Dual Citizenship
Politics PA, Mar 15, 2022

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Mehmet Oz said today that he would forego certain security clearances that are provided to all U.S. Senators to keep his dual citizenship with Turkey.

Oz was speaking to a group of reporters about the role David McCormick and his former hedge fund – Bridgewater Associates – played in the management of the Pennsylvania Public School Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS).

When asked about his dual citizenship with the United States and Turkey, Oz explained that he keeps his Turkish citizenship to care for his mother, who suffers from Alzheimer’s Disease. When queried what he would do if this would disqualify him from security clearances, Oz agreed that he would forego them in this situation, noting “I can love my country and love my mom.”

Oz was born in Cleveland, Ohio, and attended Tower Hill School in Wilmington, Del. He earned his undergraduate degree from Harvard University in 1982 and went on to receive a joint MD and MBA from the University of Pennsylvania and The Wharton School of Business.

More:  https://www.politicspa.com/oz-would-forego-security-clearances-in-order-to-maintain-dual-citizenship/100388/

--- End quote ---

He's quite wealthy. Why doesn't he care for his mother here instead. Turkey is not a nice place.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote ---When asked about his dual citizenship with the United States and Turkey, Oz explained that he keeps his Turkish citizenship to care for his mother, who suffers from Alzheimer’s Disease. When queried what he would do if this would disqualify him from security clearances, Oz agreed that he would forego them in this situation, noting “I can love my country and love my mom.”
--- End quote ---

I get loving your mom, but anyone deciding, even in small part, the fate of this country has to have an undivided loyalty to it.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 16, 2022, 11:00:42 am ---I get loving your mom, but anyone deciding, even in small part, the fate of this country has to have an undivided loyalty to it.

--- End quote ---

You are right.  Dual citizenship should be a disqualifier for holding national office. For the reason you stated alone.

LMAO:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on March 16, 2022, 03:44:14 am ---Makes you really wonder why Hannity was hawking this RINO Trojan Horse.

--- End quote ---

Hannity was also hawking John McCain in 2008 and claimed Romney was the conservative choice that would close the borders, repeal Obamacare, etc. etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version