General Category > Midterm Elections 2022

Report: Oz Looks to Exit Senate Race, Return to Television

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
Report: Oz Looks to Exit Senate Race, Return to Television

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 15 Mar 2022

Celebrity doctor Mehmet Oz is already in talks to return to television if his candidacy for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania is unsuccessful, according to a recent report.

A source told Radar Online that Oz “knows his campaign is on life support.”

The source said:

--- Quote ---He is only 61-years-old and isn’t ready to retire if he doesn’t go to Washington DC. No one wants to admit defeat, but he isn’t a stupid man. He knows his campaign is on life support. Like any good doctor, he is already looking for alternatives to keep his career alive if he doesn’t win. Fortunately for him, his appearances on Fox News and Newsmax have impressed the bosses. There is no doubt that he is a very gifted communicator on TV. Which is why there has already been talk about him becoming a primetime opinion host.
--- End quote ---

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/15/report-oz-looks-to-exit-senate-race-return-to-television/

mountaineer:
I see the TV ads from the Pittsburgh market. Oz is getting hammered as a carpetbagging RINO by some PAC. At first Oz was running ads that portrayed him as a true conservative, but I haven't seen one in a long time. He may have run out of money.

McCormick has run some good ads touting his own "true conservative" cred, so of course some PAC had to pop up with ads claiming McCormick once said something nasty about Trump, or some such thing, so he clearly isn't conservative.  *****rollingeyes*****

mountaineer:
Andrew Surabian
@Surabees
The Oz campaign is collapsing so quickly that he's now eyeing a return to TV, so he can go back to advocating for red-flag laws, Obamacare and abortion on demand.
Dr. Oz In Talks to Return To TV
4:42 PM · Mar 15, 2022·

Right_in_Virginia:
Oz: Would Forego Security Clearances in Order to Maintain Dual Citizenship
Politics PA, Mar 15, 2022

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Mehmet Oz said today that he would forego certain security clearances that are provided to all U.S. Senators to keep his dual citizenship with Turkey.

Oz was speaking to a group of reporters about the role David McCormick and his former hedge fund – Bridgewater Associates – played in the management of the Pennsylvania Public School Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS).

When asked about his dual citizenship with the United States and Turkey, Oz explained that he keeps his Turkish citizenship to care for his mother, who suffers from Alzheimer’s Disease. When queried what he would do if this would disqualify him from security clearances, Oz agreed that he would forego them in this situation, noting “I can love my country and love my mom.”

Oz was born in Cleveland, Ohio, and attended Tower Hill School in Wilmington, Del. He earned his undergraduate degree from Harvard University in 1982 and went on to receive a joint MD and MBA from the University of Pennsylvania and The Wharton School of Business.

More:  https://www.politicspa.com/oz-would-forego-security-clearances-in-order-to-maintain-dual-citizenship/100388/

Right_in_Virginia:
Richard Grenell
@RichardGrenell

He might as well announce that he’s no longer running.

--- Quote ---Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec· 2h

BREAKING: Dr Oz states he would decline security clearances as a Senator so he can maintain his Turkish citizenship
--- End quote ---

10:47 PM · Mar 15, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version