Author Topic: Senate Approves Bill to Make Daylight Saving Time Permanent in 2023  (Read 930 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Tuesday, 15 March 2022 02:38 PM

The U.S. Senate voted unanimously Tuesday to make Daylight Saving Time permanent, a move supporters say would make winter afternoons brighter and end the twice changing of clocks.

The measure still needs approval from the U.S. House of Representatives and the backing of President Joe Biden. On Sunday, most of the United States resumed Daylight Saving Time, moving ahead one hour. The United States will resume standard time in November 2022.

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., said after input from airlines and broadcasters that supporters agreed that the change would not take place until November 2023.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/daylight-saving-time-permanent/2022/03/15/id/1061318/

SCrew the airlines and broad liecasters.   There is no need to wait.  Do It Now.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Senate Approves Bill to Make Daylight Saving Time Permanent in 2023
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 07:11:33 pm »
Don't get your hopes up.  I'm sure there's discrimination in this .... somewhere.   333cleo

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 07:12:53 pm »
Really?  This is the nonsense that concerns them.  How about solving REAL problems, you Congressional dinks!
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 07:21:06 pm »
Just get it done and passed.  I cannot stand the constant clock-changing.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 07:31:09 pm »

:yowsa:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 07:37:00 pm »
I do know years ago, daylight savings times was passed in FL and we're still having to change our darn clocks!!!  Leave the time alone!

I have a Hallmark Beauty of the Birds cuckoo clock that is a pain in the bootie to change!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 07:46:52 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 07:37:36 pm »
These people need to get a real job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 07:37:47 pm »
But what about all the little school kids waiting for the school bus in the dark some will say.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 07:42:15 pm »

It took me 20 min to change  the clock in my car yesterday.  They said it was so easy a 12 y/o could do it.  I could find a 12 y/o anywhere outside.  They were all inside on their play stations.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 07:47:41 pm »
But what about all the little school kids waiting for the school bus in the dark some will say.

They either have their own phones, or they're standing with a parent/guardian who has a phone or a flashlight!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2022, 07:49:21 pm »
I am sure glad that congress could get such important legislation thru without interfering with their vacations...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2022, 07:52:01 pm »
Don't get your hopes up.  I'm sure there's discrimination in this .... somewhere.   333cleo
Standard time is a sign of the colonialist white patriarchy and it objectifies the transgendered, or something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 07:55:09 pm »
Standard time is a sign of the colonialist white patriarchy and it objectifies the transgendered, or something.

It oppresses non-sighted people.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2022, 07:56:14 pm »
Oh great.  Another Windows patch.

Arizona now enters the Pacific Time zone all year round.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2022, 07:59:53 pm »

Those of you who live in the South and/or in the middle of a time zone don't realize the utility of changing the clocks because it doesn't really help you.

But if you live far north of the equator, especially in the far east or west of a time zone - you appreciate the value of the seasonal change.

Example: I live in New Hampshire - eastern part of the time zone - pretty far north. If we had year-round Standard Time, then in late May and June, the sky would get light in the morning at around 3:45am. Hard to sleep.  Conversely, if we had DST all year, in late December and January, it wouldn't get light in the morning until 8:15-8:30am.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 08:04:44 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2022, 08:18:57 pm »
I know some folks may have a preference, but the thought of not having to jack with clocks twice a year is pretty appealling to me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2022, 11:28:26 pm »
I know some folks may have a preference, but the thought of not having to jack with clocks twice a year is pretty appealing to me.

And me!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2022, 11:31:06 pm »
It took me 20 min to change  the clock in my car yesterday.  They said it was so easy a 12 y/o could do it.  I could find a 12 y/o anywhere outside.  They were all inside on their play stations.

I wonder how much time gets wasted on clock changing per year in this country.  Must be millions of manhours.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2022, 02:45:20 am »
Good thing VCR's are history :silly: :tongue2:

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2022, 02:46:48 am »

Flashing 12:00  was a staple of my life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2022, 03:02:48 am »
These people need to get a real job.

:thumbsup:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2022, 03:03:41 am »

Formerly known as the perpetual flashing number machine.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2022, 03:07:20 am »
I am sure glad that congress could get such important legislation thru without interfering with their vacations...
Hey they're just trying to do something to justify that 21% salary increase. Somehow I don't think it's going to make people any less pissed that the people telling us to just suck it up are actually sucking up more of our tax dollars for doing jack shiite!!

Offline verga

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2022, 12:09:51 pm »
 :bkmk:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2022, 12:23:57 pm »
The Democratics and the Great Reseters may be planning to move us to Metric Time instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_time