Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke calls Gov. Abbott a 'thug' at SXSW amid heated race for Texas governorship  (Read 759 times)

Online libertybele

Abbott a thug?  Well, Beto, I think you're a punk!

Beto O'Rourke calls Gov. Abbott a 'thug' at SXSW amid heated race for Texas governorship

Texas Democratic gubernatorial candidate Beto O'Rourke spoke at SXSW (South by Southwest) on Saturday, a music festival and media event in Austin, Texas.

O'Rourke is facing current Republican Texas Governor Greg Abbott in a bid for governor, who he slammed as a "thug" in his SXSW discussion.

"He's a thug, he's an authoritarian," O'Rourke said of Abbott on Saturday.

"We've gotta get past this guy, this extremism, these fringe politics that are so deeply hurting people in the state of Texas," O'Rourke said of Abbott.

TEXAS PRIMARY RACES TO WATCH: BIG NAMES VIE FOR GOVERNOR, ATTORNEY GENERAL
In this Sept. 7, 2019 file photo, Democratic presidential candidate former U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, D-Texas, speaks during the New Hampshire state Democratic Party convention, in Manchester, NH. He exited the presidential race on Friday after raising approximately $17 million for his campaign.

In this Sept. 7, 2019 file photo, Democratic presidential candidate former U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, D-Texas, speaks during the New Hampshire state Democratic Party convention, in Manchester, NH. He exited the presidential race on Friday after raising approximately $17 million for his campaign.  (Associated Press)

O'Rourke also accused Abbott of having a "crazed fixation" on transgender children, saying that the governor was failing to bolster resources and protections for sex-trafficked children.

"Those same kids who were rescued from sex traffickers, are now being trafficked for sex by their guardians in the state of Texas," O'Rourke claimed. "The governor knew there was a problem for four months, and he did not do sh--."

O'Rourke, a former Democratic candidate in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, is running for governor of Texas and sailed through his party's primary at the start of the month.

The gubernatorial candidate also took Abbott to task at SXSW for the state's unpreparedness for the winter power outages that swept across the state last year.....................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-speaks-sxsw
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I got several 4 letter words about you too, Beto.  Thug would be fairly mild
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 10:03:46 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Calling a guy confined to a wheel chair a thug, pegs off the "silly scale".

He's got to live with these comments.  And at this rate, he won't be breaking 40% come November.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

He's got to live with these comments.  And at this rate, he won't be breaking 40% come November.

I hope you are correct as the changing demographics of TX concerns me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

CA intrusion?  You are definititely right. OTOH, I am seeing reports that typically deep blue valley areas are defecting.  And I never thought I'd see that in my life time.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

You mean these?

Another Democrat Joins the Republican Party https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/11/15/another-democrat-joins-the-republican-party-n2599118

Republicans Make Headway in Texas’ Booming Latino Communities https://www.voanews.com/a/republicans-make-headway-in-texas-booming-latino-communities-/6468013.html

Democrats' problem with Hispanic voters isn't going away as GOP gains seem to be solidifying https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/05/politics/democrats-hispanics-republicans-texas/index.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

Yep.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Beto probably should abstain from silly insults.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Mulla Abbott is leader of the Texas Taliban.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Mulla Abbott is leader of the Texas Taliban.

Clear from MA, you understand our politics to make that statement?  Just how do you connect Abbott to Islamic extremist?

Listening intently.....

CA intrusion?  You are definititely right. OTOH, I am seeing reports that typically deep blue valley areas are defecting.  And I never thought I'd see that in my life time.
Leftists place everyone into racial group stereotypes.  It is why they hate people like Clarence Thomas, Tim Scott or Winsome Sears.

The problem the Dems have is that a bunch of people with brown skin really, really do not like their positions on things like abortion and illegals.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"Mulla Abbott" and the "Texas Taliban" are effective marketing tools for soliciting donations from liberals.

We know Abbott is not an Islamic extremist.  The Texas abortion law's implementation coincided with Biden's botched evacuation of Afghanistan.  Abortion zealots equated the alleged oppression of women inflicted by the law to the oppression of women inflicted by the Taliban.

You may see much similar language in fundraising appeals for out of state money to help Beto.

The easiest way to part Massachusetts limosouine liberals from their money is to prey upon the emotional fear and anger around access to abortion.  "Republicans are going to take away access to abortions."

This is what makes abortion access such lucrative wedge issue for liberal politicians - it not only bring in votes, it also brings in money.

You are going to see much out state money coming from New York, Massachusetts, and California to Texas in support of Beto.

The rhetroic hyperbole used in the discourse of such issues is not meant to advance discussion.  It's purpose is to illicit a visceral reaction from someone already on your side.  It's an emotional appeal to those on the sidelines to become more involved, usually in the format of donation$.

From a Massachusetts perspective, we are affraid that conservative Texas interests are going to use the cudgel of the Federal Government to take away liberal access to abortion.  "Texas Taliban" is an effective appeal to draw Massachusetts money into Texas politics.

With each Census, Massachusetts looses power in the US House of Representatives and in the Electoral College, and Texas is gaining.

Texas' Census gains are the biggest threat to the California-New York-Massachusetts hegemony of liberals over national Democratic politics.  To win, the national Democratic Party may be forced to eschew the priorities of rich liberal elites to appeal to a more conservative, logical suburban and rural voter base.

Texas can't be as bad as liberals would like us to believe if people and businesses keep voting with their feet by moving there.

Texas' star is rising while Massachusetts', New York's, and California stars are falling.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:26:17 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
"Mulla Abbott" and the "Texas Taliban" are effective marketing tools for soliciting donations from liberals.

We know Abbott is not an Islamic extremist.  The Texas abortion law's implementation coincided with Biden's botched evacuation of Afghanistan.  Abortion zealots equated the alleged oppression of women inflicted by the law to the oppression of women inflicted by the Taliban.

You may see much similar language in fundraising appeals for out of state money to help Beto.

The easiest way to part Massachusetts limosouine liberals from their money is to prey upon the emotional fear and anger around access to abortion.  "Republicans are going to take away access to abortions."

This is what makes abortion access such lucrative wedge issue for liberal politicians - it not only bring in votes, it also brings in money.

You are going to see much out state money coming from New York, Massachusetts, and California to Texas in support of Beto.

The rhetroic hyperbole used in the discourse of such issues is not meant to advance discussion.  It's purpose is to illicit a visceral reaction from someone already on your side.  It's an emotional appeal to those on the sidelines to become more involved, usually in the format of donation$.

From a Massachusetts perspective, we are affraid that conservative Texas interests are going to use the cudgel of the Federal Government to take away liberal access to abortion.  "Texas Taliban" is an effective appeal to draw Massachusetts money into Texas politics.

With each Census, Massachusetts looses power in the US House of Representatives and in the Electoral College, and Texas is gaining.

Texas' Census gains are the biggest threat to the California-New York-Massachusetts hegemony of liberals over national Democratic politics.  To win, the national Democratic Party may be forced to eschew the priorities of rich liberal elites to appeal to a more conservative, logical suburban and rural voter base.

Texas can't be as bad as liberals would like us to believe if people and businesses keep voting with their feet by moving there.

Texas' star is rising while Massachusetts', New York's, and California stars are falling.

Thanks for the clarification, I can see your points.

Offline berdie

*****rollingeyes*****

Beto is an idiot. If there are any thugs...it would be him. Well, if he weren't such a candy as$.

i.e....Hell yeah we're gonna take your look like AK47s!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanks for the clarification, I can see your points.

Our friend MassRINO is a master of sarcasm.  Heck, his name is sarcasm.

@DefiantMassRINO
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: