Author Topic: Absurdly long car awarded Guinness World Record  (Read 578 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Absurdly long car awarded Guinness World Record
« on: March 11, 2022, 01:24:43 am »
Digital Trends By Trevor Mogg  3/9/2022

“It’s not for everyday driving, obviously,” Michael Manning says as he stands in front of the 100-foot-long (30.5-meter) car that he helped to restore.

It’s hard to disagree. After all, can you imagine trying to park this thing outside Walmart, or visiting a drive-thru, or attempting a three-point turn, or going just about anywhere in it?

Awkward driving maneuvers aside, the super-stretched limo, which comprises six Cadillac Eldorados, has just been awarded a Guinness World Record. We don’t need to tell you which one.

The American Dream, as it’s called, has 26 wheels and enough space to hold around 75 people. It includes a waterbed, a swimming pool with a diving board, a jacuzzi, a mini-golf course, and even a specially strengthened helipad. And yes, it has a working engine, too.

As for the vehicle’s future, Manning appears keen to keep on going, saying, “Eventually we’re going to extend it.”

More: https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/long-car-guinness-world-record/

Offline DB

Re: Absurdly long car awarded Guinness World Record
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 01:27:07 am »
That's a bit like building a car in your basement...

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 12:23:31 pm »
I take it making actual turns on normal roads is out of the question?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 11:30:04 pm »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 03:45:06 am »
I take it making actual turns on normal roads is out of the question?
Maybe it's like Voltron and breaks up into four smaller cars. I know one thing, no matter what I wouldn't want to have to put gas in it, can you imagine what kind of mileage it would get? I wonder if the same guy that thought up the California bullet train also thought of this, both are totally useless and set records the bullet train for wasting taxpayer dollars and this thing for being long.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 04:46:01 pm »
Maybe it's like Voltron and breaks up into four smaller cars. I know one thing, no matter what I wouldn't want to have to put gas in it, can you imagine what kind of mileage it would get? I wonder if the same guy that thought up the California bullet train also thought of this, both are totally useless and set records the bullet train for wasting taxpayer dollars and this thing for being long.

:thumbsup: