Author Topic: Yellen: ‘We’re Likely to See Another Year’ of ‘Very Uncomfortably High’ 12-Month Inflation Numbers  (Read 299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: ‘We’re Likely to See Another Year’ of ‘Very Uncomfortably High’ 12-Month Inflation Numbers

Ian Hanchett 10 Mar 2022

On Thursday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Closing Bell,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said that “We’re likely to see another year in which 12-month inflation numbers remain very uncomfortably high.” But cautioned there is a large amount of uncertainty due to the conflict in Ukraine and expressed confidence in the Federal Reserve “to make a meaningful difference going forward.”

Co-host Sara Eisen asked, “Already had been happening and is happening in the U.S., when it comes to rising prices from everything from wages to rents to food prices, I think your expectation previously is that inflation would come down in the second half of this year to normal levels. Have you revised those expectations, where do you think we’ll be at the end of the year?”

Yellen responded, “So, I think there’s a lot of uncertainty that is related to what’s going on with Russia and Ukraine and I do think that it’s exacerbating inflation. I don’t want to make a prediction exactly as to what’s going to happen in the second half of the year. We’re likely to see another year in which 12-month inflation numbers remain very uncomfortably high. You know, the Federal Reserve is looking very carefully at this. They’ve indicated that they intend to take actions to bring inflation down and I have confidence in their ability to make a meaningful difference going forward.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/10/yellen-were-likely-to-see-another-year-of-very-uncomfortably-high-12-month-inflation-numbers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Isn't this the same genius that said inflation was transitory?

Offline Hoodat

On Thursday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Closing Bell,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said that “We’re likely to see another year in which 12-month inflation numbers remain very uncomfortably high.” But cautioned there is a large amount of uncertainty due to the conflict in Ukraine and expressed confidence in the Federal Reserve “to make a meaningful difference going forward.”

It's not the uncertainty of conflict in Ukraine that is driving up prices.  It is the certainty that expanding the money supply (instead of borrowing) to fund government drives down the value of money.  Even a fifth grader playing a game of monopoly understands that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

Isn't this the same genius that said inflation was transitory?

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy