Author Topic: Democrats Pass $1.5 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill After Democrat Disarray  (Read 11086 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
roamer 1 is right and thats how we got Biden who got us to where we are today.  Double down, more of he same, eh?

@christian

Boggles the imagination,doesn't it?

Most of the hatred directed towards Trump is based on jealousy over him being born into a rich family.

"Class warfare from the right".

Hooda thunk it possible before it raised it's ugly head?

And the saddest part about it is these clowns are just going to double-down on their stupidity come the next election,and vote AGAINST Trump no matter who he is running against.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Swing and a miss.

Republicans owned all three branches JUST THE SAME WAY not very long ago and did nothing. NOTHING.

That is what has happened over and over - That is your insanity. Every time the Republicans get power, they do nothing. And when they don't have power they can do nothing. Doesn't matter a whit. Democrats keep moving forward whether or not they are in power. And Republicans help them do it.

Continuing to rely upon pulling the lever for the big Rhinestone R is 'doing the same thing over and over expecting different results'. The result has not changed at all in my entire lifetime except for Reagan and the 94 congress. = BOTH times Conservatives (not mere Republicans) were at the helm. In fifty years Republicans have lost ground all the way along on every front. Not a single win. Not one. They stop nothing. They win nothing. ever.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

@roamer_1

Roamer,you have convinced me! I will vote a straight Dim ticket in the next election.

THAT will show them who the boss is,huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Let's go back to 2017, shall we?  Republicans controlled the White House.  Republicans controlled the Senate.  Republicans controlled the House.  Did we get funding for the border wall?  No.  Did we get rid of Obamacare?  No.  Did we get spending cuts?  No.  Did we end federal funding of abortion?  No.

Face it.  The Republican Party is not a Conservative Party.  And Trump wasn't a Conservative President.

@Hoodat

Rude Orange Man scared ya?

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

I do see and understand your point,but what YOU need to understand is  a lot of the Republicans you are the maddest at aren't even in office anymore. They either retired,or lost elections.

ZERO wins @sneakypete . In ALL my life. NO wins. None.

Focus your attention on the ones in office NOW and the ones running for office NOW.

I couldn't care any less for personalities. I care about results. And those results remain specifically upon the principles of Conservatism. I am not interested in anything else. Which is why I am no longer a Republican.

AND.....,you ain't gonna like it,but you MUST accept as FACT that you are NOT going to get everything you want,so don't throw a hissy-fit and refuse to vote for a Republican candidate that you agree with 51 percent of the time and allow him or her to be replaced by a Dim you will NEVER agree with.

No wins. Not one. In fifty freaking years. That ain't about compromise. That's surrender. And a 51% Republican is called a RINO. And all you will get is more of them.

Politics IS the art of compromise,and no matter how much you or I may dislike compromising,there are times when it is the only practical thing to do.

No. First do no harm. Where the Republicans are is a very, very long way from there.

We don't live in the perfect fantasy world of our dreams. We live in the real world,which means we are not always going to get our way. 

Too often the political "purists" want to throw out the baby with the bathwater,and while this no doubt FEELS good and righteous when you/we do it,it is a damn-fool thing to do.

FIFTY_FRIGGIN_YEARS. Not a damn thing. THAT's the damn fool thing to do.

What is important is WINNING and advancing a conservative agenda. Once again,we can NOT do that unless we win. Which means none of us are going to get 100 percent of what we want.

Fifty years without moving the ball... In fact losing on every single front... Fifty years of progressive advancement without opposition... PRO_TIP: That ain't winning.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Roamer,you have convinced me! I will vote a straight Dim ticket in the next election.

THAT will show them who the boss is,huh?

@sneakypete

I ain't voting for Democrats. Not a single one. I'm just not voting for Republicans either. VERY few. And I doubt I ever will again.

RESULTS orientation leaves nothing there for me to vote *for*.

Online roamer_1

@christian

Boggles the imagination,doesn't it?

Most of the hatred directed towards Trump is based on jealousy over him being born into a rich family.

"Class warfare from the right".

Hooda thunk it possible before it raised it's ugly head?

And the saddest part about it is these clowns are just going to double-down on their stupidity come the next election,and vote AGAINST Trump no matter who he is running against.

@sneakypete

Tumpy will never have my support because he is a fiscal DISASTER and a libertarian DISASTER as well.

The two CORE things - The very ROOT of Conservatism... And you expect me to vote *for* more? Not a single chance in hell.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
'WE LET'?

There ain't a damn thing you can do about Democrat spending. The only reason they aren't doing every little thing they want is because of two democrats unwilling to go along.

What might have stopped them would have been Republicans, when they had power, writing LAW to curtail spending and reduce the federal footprint. That might have had an effect. But that is not what they did. Instead they spent even MORE.

Worry about your own house.

$30T?, $100T?, $1Q (Quadrillion)?, we are likely a reference currency decoupling away  from where whatever number it is won't matter.  It'll just be  a number much the way Zimbawe and the Weimar Republic thought they had a number on their legal tender.

30+ years of mismanagment by everyone in DC is responsible, and should be held to account.   Like you and I talked about the other day....   Back when we were kids, 90% of republicans were fiscal hawks, and close to half of the democrats were too.   Now?  not one freaking one comes to mind.

The days of the governmental blank check, and the no-limit credit card are coming to an end.  And a lot sooner than people realize.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:49:18 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
ZERO wins @sneakypete . In ALL my life. NO wins. None.

I couldn't care any less for personalities. I care about results. And those results remain specifically upon the principles of Conservatism. I am not interested in anything else. Which is why I am no longer a Republican.

No wins. Not one. In fifty freaking years. That ain't about compromise. That's surrender. And a 51% Republican is called a RINO. And all you will get is more of them.

No. First do no harm. Where the Republicans are is a very, very long way from there.

FIFTY_FRIGGIN_YEARS. Not a damn thing. THAT's the damn fool thing to do.

Fifty years without moving the ball... In fact losing on every single front... Fifty years of progressive advancement without opposition... PRO_TIP: That ain't winning.

@roamer_1

You keep ranting about "50 years without a single win". You are either delusional or mis-informed. Probably both. You will never be satisfied regardless of who is in office.

In FACT,I suspect you are the happiest when the Dims are in total control because it gives you more to bitch about.

You are neither a liberal or a conservative. You are a "Contrarian" and nothing you have to say about political issues is of any value because nothing will ever please you unless it makes you mad.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

You keep ranting about "50 years without a single win". You are either delusional or mis-informed. Probably both. You will never be satisfied regardless of who is in office.

In FACT,I suspect you are the happiest when the Dims are in total control because it gives you more to bitch about.

You are neither a liberal or a conservative. You are a "Contrarian" and nothing you have to say about political issues is of any value because nothing will ever please you unless it makes you mad.

@sneakypete

FINE. Then tell me. Lay it on me. Show me all the times the Republicans made significant gains on ANY Conservative issue. Go ahead.

YOU CAN'T. Because on every single issue, every facet, Conservatism has lost ground. Because it is NOT being defended.

And while I am most certainly contrarian, I am standing directly upon Reagan Conservatism - And I will vote for it every time.

Online roamer_1

$30T?, $100T?, $1Q (Quadrillion)?, we are likely a reference currency decoupling away  from where whatever number it is won't matter.  It'll just be  a number much the way Zimbawe and the Weimar Republic thought they had a number on their legal tender.

30+ years of mismanagment by everyone in DC is responsible, and should be held to account.   Like you and I talked about the other day....   Back when we were kids, 90% of republicans were fiscal hawks, and close to half of the democrats were too.   Now?  not one freaking one comes to mind.

The days of the governmental blank check, and the no-limit credit card are coming to an end.  And a lot sooner than people realize.

Exactly right - And to continue to vote for MORE is to aid and abet the downfall of this nation - Especially on the so-called 'right'.

Offline LMAO

Did either candidate ever bring up deficits or debt in the 2016 and 2020 elections or were both candidates  fighting over who could spend the most in the shortest amount of time?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Did either candidate ever bring up deficits or debt in the 2016 and 2020 elections or were both candidates  fighting over who could spend the most in the shortest amount of time?

Trump used it as a plank in '16, but seemed it only got lip service.

But your point is well taken.  Seems no one is interesting in any form or fashion of fiscal responsibility.   And that is unconscionable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@roamer_1

Couple that with the admitted failure to vote for anyone as all candidates are not to one's liking, so complaining but not doing anything to change things by showing up at the voting booth.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

Couple that with the admitted failure to vote for anyone as all candidates are not to one's liking, so complaining but not doing anything to change things by showing up at the voting booth.

That is not what I said. Nor is it what I do.

But you are changing nothing by voting for the SOSDD - Which has been the story with Republicans my whole life long.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
roamer1:
I couldn't care any less for personalities. I care about results.

christian:
We have the results of Trump and Biden, Trump brought jobs back to America, was stabilizing America financially, our enemies feared us and our allies took comfort in us.  Your anything is better than Trump, Trump spent money, and it doesn't matter he was rebuilding the America Obama was busy tearing down.  Because anything was better than Trump, you were wearing yourself out saying.  You got your biden in office, abandoning Americans AND allies in Afghanistan is  an ally dividing and confidence in America destruction.  Our jobs and money back to China who repaid us with co-vid, threatening Formosa/Taiwan, Australia and more.  Co-vid that murdered people around the world.  Putin seeing his chance turned to Hitler like aggression's invading/threatening small surrounding nations.  You have a river of blood on your hands roamer1, and your annihilate America agendas are easy and clear to see.  Democrats are tearing America apart, even burning down cities, and the often lock-step 100% and by some grand delusions that is better than a few Republicans marching with them by five or ten or even 10%.  Grand Delusions of the criminally insane, as also those that seek to Pied Piper march with them.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 03:50:25 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

That is not what I said. Nor is it what I do.

But you are changing nothing by voting for the SOSDD - Which has been the story with Republicans my whole life long.
Ok, showing up and voting none of the above amounts to the same thing.

And as far as what you do is your business, but our forum is literally littered with instances of you saying you are refraining from voting at all.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,432924.msg2406030.html#msg2406030
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

christian:
We have the results of Trump and Biden, Trump brought jobs back to America, was stabilizing America financially, our enemies feared us and our took comfort in us.  Your anything is better than Trump, Trump spent money, and it doesn't matter he was rebuilding the America Obama was busy tearing down.  Because anything was better than Trump, you were wearing yourself out saying.  You got your biden in office, abandoning Americans AND allies in Afghanistan is  an ally dividing and confidence in America destruction.  Our jobs and money back to China who repaid us with co-vid, threatening Formosa/Taiwan, Australia and more.  Co-vid that murdered people around the world.  Putin seeing his chance turned to Hitler like aggressions invading/threatening small surrounding nations.  You have a river of blood on your hands roamer1, and your annhilate America agendas are easy and clear to see.  Democrats are tearing America apart, even burning down cities, and the often lock-step 100% and by some grand delusions that is better than a few Republicans marching with them by five or ten or even 10%.  Grand Delusions of the criminally insane, as also those that seek to Pied Piper march with them.

Your orange colored glasses are a delusion.

IF Tumpy did as you say, then  it would have had a lasting effect. The ONLY lasting effect was a massive bill, and thousands of jobs and businesses lost to a phony plandemic. And you with NOTHING in your hand to show for it.

The delusion is YOURS. YOU are the one following a pied piper. YOU are the one satisfied with nothing in your hand. I am following no one. I am demanding real results, and put no stock in heroes.

Online roamer_1

Ok, showing up and voting none of the above amounts to the same thing.

And as far as what you do is your business, but our forum is literally littered with instances of you saying you are refraining from voting at all.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,432924.msg2406030.html#msg2406030

I refrain from voting for anyone but Conservatives. There is no sense in making the problem on the right even worse by endorsing RINOS and leaving the Republican Moderate Wing in power, or with more power.

I vote FOR what I stand upon. The ridiculous strategery of voting for less has left the Republicans fecklesss and nutless. I will not contribute to it.

You want my vote, give me a Conservative to vote for - As it is, I vote for them EVERY TIME.

I refrain from voting for anyone but Conservatives. There is no sense in making the problem on the right even worse by endorsing RINOS and leaving the Republican Moderate Wing in power, or with more power.

I vote FOR what I stand upon. The ridiculous strategery of voting for less has left the Republicans fecklesss and nutless. I will not contribute to it.

You want my vote, give me a Conservative to vote for - As it is, I vote for them EVERY TIME.
You have proved that argument is delusional because we got even worse in Biden.

I know, in your pontifical mind,  Biden and his followers are the same result as Trump and his followers.

Anyone with common sense knows that is just plain insane.

But then again, you make your point by permitting the greater evil of two choices to assume power and merrily go about your way thinking what you did was the best for the country.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Addressing the ridiculous, its not the democrats that are the problem with socialist  100% governing, spending ways, its the 10% Republicans that are to blame for what the 100% voting block the democrats practice.
 take  heavy price in life and blood.  Odd how this journey of scrap your current government and then see how great things are by the lies and those that sell great  false  promises as to just how great just how great things will be, are the early van guard of Communist overthrow.  Note they tell you real communism has never been done right before, then they take over like Maduro and the elites at the top wallow in wealth, while the citizens eat rats.
The amazing part is how they always manage to convince enough dupes and fools to go along with it, and Communists tricks and ways have been around a long time!
Communists never quite fishing for useful fools and they sure catch some woppers!

We are now admonished that a 100% Soros, democrat party will save us, they are the DR Deaths that promise prosperity, but deliver death and desolation like the Communists of old.  Wake up, we are running out of time.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 12:07:38 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Addressing the ridiculous, its not the democrats that are the problem with socialist  100% governing, spending ways, its the 10% Republicans that are to blame for what the 100% voting block the democrats practice.
 take  heavy price in life and blood.  Odd how this journey of scrap your current government and then see how great things are by the lies and those that sell great  false  promises as to just how great just how great things will be, are the early van guard of Communist overthrow.  Note they tell you real communism has never been done right before, then they take over like Maduro and the elites at the top wallow in wealth, while the citizens eat rats.
The amazing part is how they always manage to convince enough dupes and fools to go along with it, and Communists tricks and ways have been around a long time!
Communists never quite fishing for useful fools and they sure catch some woppers!

We are now admonished that a 100% Soros, democrat party will save us, they are the DR Deaths that promise prosperity, but deliver death and desolation like the Communists of old.  Wake up, we are running out of time.
That is simply naive.

10% of the Republicans in Congress cannot pass legislation.  To not blame Democrats for our dysfunctional government is incorrect.

Offline Killer Clouds

That is simply naive.

10% of the Republicans in Congress cannot pass legislation.  To not blame Democrats for our dysfunctional government is incorrect.
The RINOs that enable the DCP to pass their socialist agenda are to blame.

Online roamer_1

You have proved that argument is delusional because we got even worse in Biden.

Exactly wrong minded. Democrats are always worse. That ain't the point. It ain't about what the democrats DO - When they are in power you can do nothing except whine and cry and throw dirt in the air (which all y'all are good at). Where the rubber hits the road is what REPUBLICANS do when they have the power. Which is NOTHING. That is what you have power over.

But y'all are content to sell your soul for a bowl of pottage - Never requiring anything of your own, so long as they meet the high bar of being somewhat better than Democrats. In the meantime, Republicans throw enough candy at you in EOs to keep you happy and stupid, and sell the farm to the Democrats, written in LAW.

And a few years later, the EOs disappear like a fart in a windstorm, and the law remains.

Brilliant.

Online roamer_1

That is simply naive.

Tell that to the Gang of Eight.  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

Democrats are not winning on merit. They have no merit.
They are winning because they have no opposition.