Author Topic: Harris heads to Poland amid turbulence over jets for Ukraine  (Read 532 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Harris heads to Poland amid turbulence over jets for Ukraine
« on: March 09, 2022, 04:06:04 pm »
Harris heads to Poland amid turbulence over jets for Ukraine
Associated Press, Mar 9, 2022

Vice President Kamala Harris’ trip to Warsaw to thank Poland for taking in hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians fleeing Russia’s invasion took an unexpected turn before she even left Washington. She’ll be parachuting into the middle of unexpected diplomatic turbulence over fighter jets.

The Polish government on Tuesday came out with a plan to transfer its Russian-made fighter planes to a U.S. military base in Germany, with the expectation that the planes would then be handed over to Ukrainian pilots trying to fend off Russian forces. In turn, the U.S. would supply Poland with U.S.-made jets with “corresponding capabilities.”

But the Poles didn’t run that idea past the Biden administration before going public with it, and the Pentagon quickly dismissed the idea as not tenable.

More:  https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-poland-kamala-harris-germany-migration-dbcf0e0b100b0cc4d5b28d22dbcc69f2?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

Re: Harris heads to Poland amid turbulence over jets for Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 04:07:35 pm »

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 04:10:48 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

The last time Kamala Harris went to Europe she met with Zelensky and gave a speech declaring Ukraine should join NATO

Russia invaded 4 days later declaring Ukraine joining NATO a direct threat to them

She has no idea what she is doing

10:14 AM · Mar 9, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 07:26:48 pm »

Isn't it cute the way Harris repeated word for word how her handlers had to explain it to her.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 07:39:29 pm »
The Polish government on Tuesday came out with a plan to transfer its Russian-made fighter planes to a U.S. military base in Germany, with the expectation that the planes would then be handed over to Ukrainian pilots trying to fend off Russian forces. In turn, the U.S. would supply Poland with U.S.-made jets with “corresponding capabilities.”

But the Poles didn’t run that idea past the Biden administration before going public with it, and the Pentagon quickly dismissed the idea as not tenable.

Bullshit.  This from three days ago:

Blinken Says U.S. Is Eyeing Ways for Poland to Supply Jets to Ukraine

Mar 6, 2022 at 6:11 am ET

. . . “We are looking actively now at the question of airplanes that Poland may provide to Ukraine and looking at how we might be able to backfill should Poland choose to supply those planes,” Mr. Blinken said in Moldova, during a stop through Europe to reassure allies there about U.S. support in the wake of Russia’s invasion of neighboring Ukraine. . . .

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-03-04/card/blinken-says-u-s-is-eyeing-ways-for-poland-to-supply-jets-to-ukraine-iTsOmhIZTv60jZBqpS5I

Blinken is a lying POS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 07:44:50 pm »
Bullshit.  This from three days ago:

Blinken Says U.S. Is Eyeing Ways for Poland to Supply Jets to Ukraine

Mar 6, 2022 at 6:11 am ET

. . . “We are looking actively now at the question of airplanes that Poland may provide to Ukraine and looking at how we might be able to backfill should Poland choose to supply those planes,” Mr. Blinken said in Moldova, during a stop through Europe to reassure allies there about U.S. support in the wake of Russia’s invasion of neighboring Ukraine. . . .

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-03-04/card/blinken-says-u-s-is-eyeing-ways-for-poland-to-supply-jets-to-ukraine-iTsOmhIZTv60jZBqpS5I

Blinken is a lying POS.

With all due respect, that is just not that difficult.

Fly the planes to Ramstein.  Disarm them for the time being (the weapons will be shipped separately).  Put each of the aircraft on a flatbed trailer.  Put the weapons into another cargo carrier. Tell the Ukrainians that the aircraft will be delivered to them at a section of highway within western Ukraine that is capable of allowing for take off.  Tell the Ukrainians where and when, and provide them with sufficient javelins and stingers to hold off any attempt by Russia to target the delivery if/when Russia finds out where it's taking place.

At the border, just before crossing, get the aircraft fueled up and otherwise as ready to fly as possible.  Cross the border.  Roll em off the flat beds.  Let the Ukrainians rearm them.  Give the keys to the Ukrainian pilots, and the title documents to the Ukrainian government official who is taking delivery of them, and wish them happy flying.  Turn the trucks around and head back home for some German cold ones.

Yeah, I know, it doesn't work quite that easily, but the point is, where there's a will, there's a way and right now it seems to be the will that's missing.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 07:47:22 pm »

With all due respect, that is just not that difficult.

Fly the planes to Ramstein.  Disarm them for the time being (the weapons will be shipped separately).  Put each of the aircraft on a flatbed trailer.  Put the weapons into another cargo carrier. Tell the Ukrainians that the aircraft will be delivered to them at a section of highway within western Ukraine that is capable of allowing for take off.  Tell the Ukrainians where and when, and provide them with sufficient javelins and stingers to hold off any attempt by Russia to target the delivery if/when Russia finds out where it's taking place.

At the border, just before crossing, get the aircraft fueled up and otherwise as ready to fly as possible.  Cross the border.  Roll em off the flat beds.  Let the Ukrainians rearm them.  Give the keys to the Ukrainian pilots, and the title documents to the Ukrainian government official who is taking delivery of them, and wish them happy flying.  Turn the trucks around and head back home for some German cold ones.

Yeah, I know, it doesn't work quite that easily, but the point is, where there's a will, there's a way and right now it seems to be the will that's missing.

The bottom line here is that the US is purposely blocking this because the people running this coup don't want Ukraine to have those planes.  They don't want them to have any other weaponry either, which is why two weeks into this conflict we haven't sent them the first piece of equipment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 07:56:09 pm »
Give the damn jets to Ukraine.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 08:19:08 pm »
The bottom line here is that the US is purposely blocking this because the people running this coup don't want Ukraine to have those planes.  They don't want them to have any other weaponry either, which is why two weeks into this conflict we haven't sent them the first piece of equipment.

I'm beginning to get that sense of it, too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 08:25:17 pm »
My brain is simultaneously imploding and exploding from the counter-logic of the Biden energy and Ukraine policies.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2022, 08:29:15 pm »
Poland is an independent nation.  They could just give the jets to Ukraine, and tell Biden to take a long walk off a short pier.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2022, 08:31:39 pm »
Poland is an independent nation.  They could just give the jets to Ukraine, and tell Biden to take a long walk off a short pier.

They can, except that they will be down 16 fighters.  The US had promised to replace them with used F-16s, but reneged on their word later.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2022, 08:38:45 pm »
My brain is simultaneously imploding and exploding from the counter-logic of the Biden energy and Ukraine policies.

That is a brilliant, and at the same time, a most disturbing, graphic!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 08:39:33 pm »
An enigma wrapped up in a riddle ?  Who but the gods could figure out 1+1=2 here.  Nobody wants to fly the planes to a war zone Ukraine.  All these educated idjits can't figure out, have the Ukrainian pilots fly the planes out of Poland to the Ukraine? ? ?

Another toughie, when has Kamala been sent some where to actually make the situation better? ? ?  Obviously Kamala is sent somewhere to make situations WORSE!  Second enigma wrapped up in a riddle solved/revealed.  Can I get a consultation fee for figuring out what the village idiots in power posture they cannot figure out?  Is 10% reasonable? I don't want to appear greedy!
 ****slapping :chairbang: ****slapping
................................... :silly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2022, 08:40:10 pm »
We aren't willing to provide jets, but Kamala will provide hummers.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 08:41:37 pm »
Well the DCP is great at lying and lip service. Out of all the DCP disciples giving lip service, literally and figuratively, Kamelass is well practiced and the best at it.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 08:43:59 pm »
We aren't willing to provide jets, but Kamala will provide hummers.

:silly:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2022, 08:47:24 pm »
An enigma wrapped up in a riddle ?  Who but the gods could figure out 1+1=2 here.  Nobody wants to fly the planes to a war zone Ukraine.  All these educated idjits can't figure out, have the Ukrainian pilots fly the planes out of Poland to the Ukraine? ? ?

Another toughie, when has Kamala been sent some where to actually make the situation better? ? ?  Obviously Kamala is sent somewhere to make situations WORSE!  Second enigma wrapped up in a riddle solved/revealed.  Can I get a consultation fee for figuring out what the village idiots in power posture they cannot figure out?  Is 10% reasonable? I don't want to appear greedy!
 ****slapping :chairbang: ****slapping
................................... :silly:

Having the Ukrainian pilots come to Poland, suit up, and fly the planes out of Poland would be unduly provocative because it would indicate that Poland was allowing Ukraine to use Polish territory as a base of operations.

It would be better for Polish pilots to fly them to the closest landing spot in Ukraine - unarmed, as one would do if one was making delivery of aircraft Ukraine had purchased in the normal course - and then handing them over to the Ukrainian authorities.  At that point, the Ukrainians would take over arming the aircraft and Ukrainian pilots would take over and fly them.

Alternatively, as I rather peckishly suggested above, the damned things could be flat-bed trucked from Poland - or Germany - to a Ukrainian highway that is long enough and flat enough for aircraft to take off from it, and the keys and pink-sheets could be handed over at that point.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2022, 09:20:58 pm »
How can Poland trust the US to have its back?

Poland, send the jets anyway.  You're a full NATO member protected by Article V.  If NATO won't honor Article V for Poland, then every NATO member will know that NATO is a fraud.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 09:24:36 pm »

They can't.  No one can.  The word of the United States is worthless.  Just ask Ukraine.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2022, 09:28:18 pm »

Poland, send the jets anyway.  You're a full NATO member protected by Article V.  If NATO won't honor Article V for Poland, then every NATO member will know that NATO is a fraud.

That's just it. Joe has quickly developed a very negative reputation.  He made a mess out of the Afghan withdrawal, he was laughed at during the G7, he stammers and is incoherent and blatantly lies.

We'll see what happens with NATO. 

The world is in very, very bad shape.  The evilness continues to prevail.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2022, 09:39:50 pm »
Do you think Polacks make "dumb" jokes about Harris?

Offline berdie

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2022, 09:40:43 pm »

Having the Ukrainian pilots come to Poland, suit up, and fly the planes out of Poland would be unduly provocative because it would indicate that Poland was allowing Ukraine to use Polish territory as a base of operations.

It would be better for Polish pilots to fly them to the closest landing spot in Ukraine - unarmed, as one would do if one was making delivery of aircraft Ukraine had purchased in the normal course - and then handing them over to the Ukrainian authorities.  At that point, the Ukrainians would take over arming the aircraft and Ukrainian pilots would take over and fly them.

Alternatively, as I rather peckishly suggested above, the damned things could be flat-bed trucked from Poland - or Germany - to a Ukrainian highway that is long enough and flat enough for aircraft to take off from it, and the keys and pink-sheets could be handed over at that point.

That seems like an adequate solution to me. Although I'm not sure how one would flatbed a plane. :shrug:

I understand the problems that would result from staging from a NATO airport. Doing either of the above mentioned methods would be no different than supplying the weapons currently being supplied.

In my little mind, it seems that it would behoove the surrounding nations and Europe as a whole to let the Ukrainians  drive the Russians back to their home.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2022, 09:43:10 pm »
But there's no issue with Russia using Moldova and Belarus as bases of operation?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2022, 09:46:06 pm »
Are these the same legal geniuses that would not let operatives kill Osama bin Laden (before 9/11) in the 1990s because there was a UAE prince in the vicinity?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 09:47:41 pm by DefiantMassRINO »