Author Topic: Here's the truth on Ukraine, as far as I can tell  (Read 134 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's the truth on Ukraine, as far as I can tell
« on: March 09, 2022, 03:02:19 pm »
March 9, 2022
Here's the truth on Ukraine, as far as I can tell
By Dan Truitt

First, and most importantly, virtually no one in the US has got this right, including conservative outlets and pundits. Putin's a thug, but he's an excellent politician and a strong leader. And he’s not crazy, as some seem to surmise. He is a cold, calculating, strategic thinker who has disciplined his mind and body for decades. He’s a Russia first guy. Think Donald Trump minus all that hot air, Big Macs, and add a willingness to off his enemies.

We promised Russia we would not expand NATO when the Soviet Union fell. We went back on that promise and incorporated almost the entire Eastern Bloc into NATO.

Then after 9/11, Bush II unilaterally cancelled the '72 ABM treaty, which until then had frozen nuclear weapon development in the Soviet Union and the US, effectively ending the arms race. Bush's rationale was that we needed to develop new nuclear weapon tech to defeat terrorism. Like we were going to nuke Osama Bin Laden.

Bush's rationale for NATO expansion was also terrorism. So, Bush triggered a fresh arms race. Bush was a decent man, but the more time goes by, the more he looks like an absolute moron to me.

Ukraine belonged to Russia for centuries. They have almost identical cultures and languages. Kiev used to be the capital of Russia.  Putin's war is a war of defense. Russia (rightly, in my view) feels threatened by NATO expansion. Russia is a mainly land-based, continental power which desires a buffer with the West. Ukraine serves that purpose perfectly.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/03/heres_the_truth_on_ukraine_as_far_as_i_can_tell.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: Here's the truth on Ukraine, as far as I can tell
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 03:06:15 pm »
If Putin is so smart, why'd they run an invasion that would have been better handled by the Keystone Kops?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 04:09:01 pm »
If Putin is so smart, why'd they run an invasion that would have been better handled by the Keystone Kops?

Maybe he has a staff full of Milleys?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 04:17:28 pm »
Maybe he has a staff full of Milleys?

I'm pretty certain that Putin doesn't suffer fools, or Milleys, lightly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 06:05:10 pm »

What a silly thing to say.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 08:52:53 pm »
If this becomes another pro-Russia vs Pro Ukraine thread I'm locking this puppy.  JS
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: