Author Topic: Strawberry shortcake becomes Florida’s official state dessert  (Read 380 times)

Offline libertybele

Ok, so this isn't exactly earth shattering news, but a little ray of normalcy in this arena of disaster that we find ourselves in.

The other day, I actually came across white strawberries.

Strawberry shortcake becomes Florida’s official state dessert

PLANT CITY, Fla. — Strawberry shortcake with natural Florida dairy topping is now the official state dessert after Governor Ron DeSantis signed Senate Bill 1006 into law Monday.

DeSantis signed the bill into law at the Florida Strawberry Festival in Plant City.

“Signing this bill at the Strawberry Festival is one way that we are supporting our Florida strawberry farmers and is a tribute to the more than 10,000 acres of strawberries that are grown in the greater Plant City area,” said Governor Ron DeSantis.

The designation of the state dessert is an effort to promote the state’s $1 billion strawberry industry.

“As a fifth generation Floridian and a native of Plant City, I am delighted and proud that our Governor and the Legislature are making Strawberry Shortcake the official state dessert,” said Attorney General Ashley Moody. “Plant City grows more than three-quarters of the country’s winter strawberries that help make this delicious dessert and support Florida’s economy. I hope everyone tries a bite of Strawberry Shortcake in celebration.”.................

https://abc-7.com/news/state/2022/03/07/strawberry-shortcake-becomes-floridas-official-state-dessert/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Strawberry shortcake becomes Florida’s official state dessert
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 01:45:00 am »
No Key Lime pie?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org