Author Topic: Manchin: Putin Will Never Back Down if We Don’t Shut Down Russia’s Energy Revenue  (Read 330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin: Putin Will Never Back Down if We Don’t Shut Down Russia’s Energy Revenue

Ian Hanchett 7 Mar 2022

On West Virginia MetroNews’ “Talkline with Hoppy Kercheval” on Monday, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) argued that increasing domestic energy production would allow Europe to get away from Russia’s energy and that if we can’t take away Putin’s energy money, he will never back down.

Manchin said, [relevant remarks begin around 5:15] “[H]ere’s the problem that we have: We have an administration that’s — they’re aspirational in basically wanting to switch to…completely going with renewables. I’m for all of the above. But I’m realistic enough to understand the world does not run on renewables. The world’s running on petroleum. The world’s running on fossil. And if you’re going to help the world and offset this, this is over in Europe, okay, and Europe is very dependent upon that because they made that decision, especially Germany tried to wean themselves off of everything. They cut everything off before they had anything to replace it. So, the bottom line is, we’re going to have to be strong in both. And here’s what I tell the environmentalists, we can do both. You don’t have to pick one over the other. But be strong. Be strong in the fossil. We do it cleaner and better and we have innovation and technology that we can even do more cleaner and better.”

He added that boosting American energy production “gives Europe the chance to say, hey, Russia, we don’t need you anymore, even if you walk away today, we’re going to starve you out of this. Because it’s all about the money for Putin. If we can’t shut that down, you’ll never get him to — you’ll never get him out of there.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/07/manchin-putin-will-never-back-down-if-we-dont-shut-down-russias-energy-revenue/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Misdirection, Putin will never back down as long as Biden can do no wrong and there are ample people to reinforce Bidens stances of he can not and will not be held accountable.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Duhhhhhh!

Ya think?

The west either destroys him politically and financially,or there will be no stopping him.

Putin is betting big on this one,and it is either win big or lose big. There ain't going to be a middle-ground.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 05:37:18 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Putin wasn't a big problem until biden forced America to be reliant on Putins oil.  That made Putin bold and aggressive,working with Xi and Biden to strangle the world of need and critical energy.  That is why Biden would rather be tortured to death, than relent and let America be energy independent again.  The excuses may exceed the colors of the rainbow, Biden knows exactly what he is doing, and will not budge on demanding and forcing Americas dependency of Communists oil.
Sad many of you will remain clueless deniers for the obligatory year or two.  America may well not survive that.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online cato potatoe

Forgive my ignorance, but since there is a world market for oil, will another country not buy it (at a slight discount) when we boycott?  I cannot see China paying $150/barrel for Saudi oil when they can just get it from Russia for $145.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Make sure Europe's on board ..... or you hurt only the American middle and lower class.