Author Topic: Gas prices top $4 per gallon in US, second time ever  (Read 1102 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gas prices top $4 per gallon in US, second time ever
« on: March 06, 2022, 04:51:22 pm »

The national average for regular unleaded gas crossed the $4 per gallon mark for only the second time ever and sits just 10 cents from the all-time record high seen in July 2008.

The nationwide average sits at $4.009, according to AAA gas prices, up roughly 9 cents a gallon over Saturday’s average.

The price has risen 47 cents since Russia invaded Ukraine 11 days ago. Premium gas costs an average of $4.571, which is up 10 cents from Saturday’s average.

The record high for regular unleaded was $4.114 in July 2008.

Fox News' Ralph Giordano and Dagen McDowell contributed to this report.
Posted by Peter Aitken

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-3-6-2022
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Gas prices top $4 per gallon in US, second time ever
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 05:24:03 pm »

The national average for regular unleaded gas crossed the $4 per gallon mark for only the second time ever and sits just 10 cents from the all-time record high seen in July 2008.

The nationwide average sits at $4.009, according to AAA gas prices, up roughly 9 cents a gallon over Saturday’s average.

The price has risen 47 cents since Russia invaded Ukraine 11 days ago. Premium gas costs an average of $4.571, which is up 10 cents from Saturday’s average.

The record high for regular unleaded was $4.114 in July 2008.

Fox News' Ralph Giordano and Dagen McDowell contributed to this report.
Posted by Peter Aitken

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-3-6-2022

I bought gas the other day @ $3.60/gal  I'm sure by the next time I need to fill up, it will be around $4.00/gal

I'm still predicting $6-7/gal. 

Such a shame knowing that we were energy independent and now the evil one is taking a wrecking ball to our economy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 05:38:57 pm »
I bought gas the other day @ $3.60/gal  I'm sure by the next time I need to fill up, it will be around $4.00/gal

I'm still predicting $6-7/gal. 

Such a shame knowing that we were energy independent and now the evil one is taking a wrecking ball to our economy.

When Pres. Reagan ended gas lines, it was merely a campaign promise.  Arguments were heard against "Trickle Down".

Not so at this time.  Pres. Trump has proven to everyone breathing that Pres. Biden has put the entire nation at risk in the name of Green Energy.

There is no guessing.  We all remember paying $28.00 for 16 gallons of 87.9 octane on Nov 8th, 2020.

It's now $64. for that same 16 gallons.   No damned excuse.  What's happening now is criminal in the name of politics.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 06:52:43 pm »
When Pres. Reagan ended gas lines, it was merely a campaign promise.  Arguments were heard against "Trickle Down".

Not so at this time.  Pres. Trump has proven to everyone breathing that Pres. Biden has put the entire nation at risk in the name of Green Energy.

There is no guessing.  We all remember paying $28.00 for 16 gallons of 87.9 octane on Nov 8th, 2020.

It's now $64. for that same 16 gallons.   No damned excuse.  What's happening now is criminal in the name of politics.

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 07:49:00 pm »
3.89 here
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 08:00:07 pm »
Went over $4 for regular unleaded last week here on LI's North Shore.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 08:09:24 pm »
How long before we see 1970's style gas lines and shortages.   I'll give it a month.   

Poll at:  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,463622.msg2598372.html#new
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 11:16:29 pm »
4.09 now
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 03:57:27 am »
How long before we see 1970's style gas lines and shortages.   I'll give it a month.   

Poll at:  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,463622.msg2598372.html#new
I'd rather see this along the highway for those deliberately causing this pain.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 03:58:48 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 09:08:38 pm »
Equities got destroyed today.  If you hedged with commodities, you probably held your own. 

Offline rustynail

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 09:15:58 pm »
With inflation figured in some are saying gas has to go to 5.28 to equal 2008's 4.10.  So everything is really just fine.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 09:39:54 pm »
I tried to sell some blood to get a little gas money the other day. Never again. They ask too many stupid questions. Who's blood is it? Where did you get it? Why is it in a bucket?  Man the hoops you have to jump through just to survive.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2022, 09:54:53 pm »
I tried to sell some blood to get a little gas money the other day. Never again. They ask too many stupid questions. Who's blood is it? Where did you get it? Why is it in a bucket?  Man the hoops you have to jump through just to survive.

:silly:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2022, 12:00:24 am »
Cheap gas around me is $5 or so at Arco while name brand is charging $5.50 to $5.65 and up around me.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2022, 12:07:34 am »
I ventured out this afternoon -- gas is $4.09/gal if you pay cash and $4.19/gal if you pay with credit

Interesting.  I'm hoping more and more companies will offer a lower price if you use cash.  Credit is convenient, but Big Brother can track you. Cash is going to be King ... for a little while at least.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2022, 12:08:59 am »

Oh, for goodness sakes @Wingnut  -- suck it up!  :rolling: (I was going to add 'buttercup' but didn't think you'd appreciate that).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2022, 05:10:15 am »
If you think gas is expensive,try filling up the tank in a diesel truck. Right at 5 bucks a gallon today,although I did find it at $4.27 a couple of days ago and filled up before they changed the price.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2022, 09:17:01 am »
I filled my car this past weekend. $3.48 cash, ten cents more for credit.

Plus I always tip the guy who pumps my gas a dollar. But that’s a different topic….
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2022, 11:16:25 pm »
sneakypete posted:
"If you think gas is expensive, try filling up the tank in a diesel truck."

I saw diesel here in SW CT at $5.29 this afternoon...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2022, 11:51:17 pm »
3.89 here
It was 3.89 here yesterday; 4.09 today.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org