Author Topic: Barr says Trump is responsible for Jan. 6 Capitol attack  (Read 435 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barr says Trump is responsible for Jan. 6 Capitol attack
« on: March 05, 2022, 12:30:03 am »
Dylan Stableford

Fri, March 4, 2022, 11:24 AM·

Former Attorney General William Barr believes that former President Donald Trump was responsible for the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

“I do think he was responsible in the broad sense of that word, in that it appears that part of the plan was to send this group up to the Hill,” Barr told NBC News host Lester Holt in an interview that is scheduled to air on Sunday. “I think the whole idea was to intimidate Congress. And I think that that was wrong.”

But Barr added that he has not seen evidence that Trump was “legally responsible for it in terms of incitement.”

The assault on the Capitol occurred after Trump spoke at a “Stop the Steal” rally in Washington, D.C., and urged the crowd to march to the Capitol while Congress was in the process of certifying the results of the 2020 presidential election. A violent mob of Trump supporters then stormed the building in an insurrection that left multiple people dead and more than 140 officers injured.

More than 725 people have since been charged by the Justice Department. A bipartisan select committee probing the insurrection has issued hundreds of subpoenas, including to members of Trump’s family. In a court filing this week, the House panel said Trump and his associates engaged in a “criminal conspiracy” to prevent Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s victory, spread false information about the outcome and pressured state officials to overturn the results, potentially violating multiple federal laws.

more
https://news.yahoo.com/william-barr-trump-responsible-jan-6-capitol-attack-172420407.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Barr says Trump is responsible for Jan. 6 Capitol attack
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 12:41:36 am »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 01:36:44 am »
Ok, then if we are doing "broad terms", then the AG is responsible for 2 years of rioting around the country because he did nothing to stop it...

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 02:32:32 pm »
Dylan Stableford

Fri, March 4, 2022, 11:24 AM·

Former Attorney General William Barr believes that former President Donald Trump was responsible for the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

“I do think he was responsible in the broad sense of that word, in that it appears that part of the plan was to send this group up to the Hill,” Barr told NBC News host Lester Holt in an interview that is scheduled to air on Sunday. “I think the whole idea was to intimidate Congress. And I think that that was wrong.”

But Barr added that he has not seen evidence that Trump was “legally responsible for it in terms of incitement.”

The assault on the Capitol occurred after Trump spoke at a “Stop the Steal” rally in Washington, D.C., and urged the crowd to march to the Capitol while Congress was in the process of certifying the results of the 2020 presidential election. A violent mob of Trump supporters then stormed the building in an insurrection that left multiple people dead and more than 140 officers injured.

More than 725 people have since been charged by the Justice Department. A bipartisan select committee probing the insurrection has issued hundreds of subpoenas, including to members of Trump’s family. In a court filing this week, the House panel said Trump and his associates engaged in a “criminal conspiracy” to prevent Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s victory, spread false information about the outcome and pressured state officials to overturn the results, potentially violating multiple federal laws.

more
https://news.yahoo.com/william-barr-trump-responsible-jan-6-capitol-attack-172420407.html

SOOOOOOOOOO, IS Bar more
Delusional than sane?
Treasonous than rational?
Arrogant & ignorant than in touch with reality?
Stupid than educated?
Drunk than sober?

. . .

Or is he just a last class jerk.

Or 7--all of the above.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 02:33:25 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 02:37:51 pm »

SOOOOOOOOOO, IS Bar more
Delusional than sane?
Treasonous than rational?
Arrogant & ignorant than in touch with reality?
Stupid than educated?
Drunk than sober?

. . .

Or is he just a last class jerk.

Or 7--all of the above.

Nah, just pumping up book sales....
William Barr uses new book to outline case against Trump White House run

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/feb/28/william-barr-book-trump-electoral-fraud-lie-michael-flynn-russia

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 02:44:29 pm »
I do think he was responsible in the broad sense

Wow.  What a load of weasel-age.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 02:57:07 pm »
Barr suggests he would still vote for Trump
By Mychael Schnell - 03/07/22 08:53 AM EST

Former Attorney General William Barr on Monday said it is “inconceivable” that he would not vote for the Republican nominee in the 2024 presidential election, but said he does not think former President Trump should lead the ticket.

Asked by co-anchor Savannah Guthrie on NBC’s “Today” if he agrees with Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), who has said Trump is not fit to serve and should never be near the Oval Office again, Barr did not give a direct answer, instead saying that he plans to support a different candidate for the GOP nomination.

“I certainly have made it clear, I don't think he should be our nominee and I'm gonna support somebody else for the nomination,” Barr said.

Pressed by Guthrie on if he would support Trump should he receive the nod from the GOP, Barr said he could not imagine a scenario in which he did not support the Republican nominee. He said the progressive agenda is “the greatest threat” to the country.

“Because I believe that the greatest threat to the country is the progressive agenda being pushed by the Democratic Party, it's inconceivable to me that I wouldn't vote for the Republican nominee,” Barr said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/597118-barr-says-its-inconceivable-he-wouldnt-support-gop-nominee-in-2024
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 02:59:59 pm »
Barr is slug slime.  He'd trip other lawyers chasing the same ambulances.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 05:12:13 pm »
Barr says no evidence that Trump was 'legally responsible' for Jan. 6 attack
By Monique Beals - 03/06/22 10:23 PM EST

Former Attorney General William Barr said that although former President Trump bears some moral responsibility for the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, he has not seen evidence that his ex-boss was "legally responsible" for the riot.

"I haven't seen anything to say he was legally responsible for it in terms of incitement," Barr told NBC's Lester Holt in an interview that aired Sunday night.

"I do think he was responsible in the broad sense of that word, in that it appears that part of the plan was to send this group up to the Hill. I think the whole idea was to intimidate Congress. And I think that that was wrong," Barr added.

Asked whether he would have investigated Trump after the National Archives claimed he had taken classified documents to his Mar-a-Lago resort after leaving office, Barr said: "To tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't."

"The whole classification system is done under executive order. It's the president. The president decides everything," he added.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/597099-barr-says-no-evidence-that-trump-was-legally-responsible-for-jan-6
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 05:16:58 pm »
Barr says no evidence that Trump was 'legally responsible' for Jan. 6 attack

There we go!  That's all that matters.  The rest of it is just subjective judgment and propaganda.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 06:08:22 pm »
Trump rips Barr in letter to NBC's Lester Holt
By Dominick Mastrangelo - 03/07/22 07:10 AM EST

Former President Trump ridiculed his former attorney general, William Barr, in a letter to NBC News anchor Lester Holt over the weekend.

"I made many great appointments during my Administration, and we accomplished more than most Administrations could even dream of, but Bill Barr was not one of my better picks," Trump wrote. "He crumbled under the pressure, and bowed to the Radical Left—And that is not acceptable. Now he is groveling for the media, hoping to gain acceptance that he doesn’t deserve."

The former president's comments come days after Barr granted an extensive interview to Holt and NBC. Trump's letter, sent to the anchor at the network's studios in Manhattan, was first obtained by Axios.

Holt and the NBC News team had apparently asked Trump and his representatives for comment on a number of the statements Barr made during his sit-down interview with the anchor, which comes as the former head of the Justice Department promotes a new book about his time spent in Trump's administration.

"With respect to prosecuting political rivals, it was just the opposite," Trump said in one of his responses. "Despite the many crimes committed by the Biden family, I did not push Barr to go after them. While the things done were legendarily corrupt, I thought it would be inappropriate for me to get personally involved."

During an interview on NBC's "Today" show Monday morning, Barr called Trump's letter "par for the course."

"The president is a man who, when he is told something, he doesn’t want to hear, he immediately throws a tantrum,” Barr added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/597112-trump-rips-barr-in-letter-to-nbcs-lester-holt
Support the USO

Offline rustynail

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 06:27:31 pm »
Barr is a fat.