Author Topic: Cruz knocks Graham's call to assassinate Putin: 'An exceptionally bad idea'  (Read 159 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cruz knocks Graham's call to assassinate Putin: 'An exceptionally bad idea'

Lawmakers, including some Republicans, are slamming a tweet that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) issued on Thursday night where he appeared to be calling for the assassination of Russian President Vladimir Putin, with one senator calling it “an exceptionally bad idea.”

“Is there a Brutus in Russia? Is there a more successful Colonel Stauffenberg in the Russian military? The only way this ends is for somebody in Russia to take this guy out. You would be doing your country — and the world — a great service,” Graham said in a tweet.

“The only people who can fix this are the Russian people. Easy to say, hard to do,” he continued in another tweet. “Unless you want to live in darkness for the rest of your life, be isolated from the rest of the world in abject poverty, and live in darkness you need to step up to the plate.”

The remarks were immediately knocked by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and several other Republicans.

“This is an exceptionally bad idea. Use massive economic sanctions; BOYCOTT Russian oil & gas; and provide military aid so the Ukrainians can defend themselves. But we should not be calling for the assassination of heads of state,” the Texas senator said in response.

“While we are all praying for peace & for the people of Ukraine, this is irresponsible, dangerous & unhinged,” Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said in a tweet. “We need leaders with calm minds & steady wisdom. Not blood thirsty warmongering politicians trying to tweet tough by demanding assassinations. Americans don’t want war.”...............

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/596874-cruz-knocks-grahams-call-to-assassinate-putin-an-exceptionally-bad-idea
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
He should be extra careful.  Putin is 'crazy' enough to "Breitbart" Lindsey Graham and leave a trail of breadcrumbs back to him.

It's his style.  Done it before with the Plutonium 210.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He should be extra careful.  Putin is 'crazy' enough to "Breitbart" Lindsey Graham and leave a trail of breadcrumbs back to him.

It's his style.  Done it before with the Plutonium 210.

I saw an interview with Graham -- somehow Graham came across like he has been an authority on Putin for the past 20 years. 

Graham and a whole lot of other RINO's need to lose their seats -- that is the only chance that the GOP can be revived. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The last thing we need is a sitting Senator calling for the assassination of a head of state.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let's be honest.
Graham just had the indiscretion of saying outloud what everybody else was thinking.

Has anyone here read Joel Rosenberg's "The Kremlin Conspiracy" (2018)?
A review can be found here:
https://therealbookspy.com/2018/01/03/featured-review-the-kremlin-conspiracy-by-joel-c-rosenberg/

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It still doesn't make it right for a U.S. Senator to call for Putin's assassination.  Dumb!