Author Topic: Mystal: U.S. Constitution Is ‘Trash’ Written by Slave-Owning ‘White People’  (Read 425 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mystal: U.S. Constitution Is ‘Trash’ Written by Slave-Owning ‘White People’

Pam Key 4 Mar 2022

The Nation’s justice correspondent Elie Mystal said Friday on ABC’s “The View” that the United States Constitution is “trash” written by slave-owning white people.

Discussing his new book “Allow Me to Retort: A Black Guy’s Guide to the Constitution,” Mystal said, “Republicans are obviously trying to manipulate those laws, particularly the rights of minorities, women, and the LGBTQ communities, and I explain it in ways we can understand so we can fight them.”

Co-host Ana Navarro said, “I live in Florida, so I’m, like, on ground zero of where all of this is happening. I’m out of my mind about the bills banning conversations about race and ethnicity and LGBTQ, just even mentioning gender identity in primary schools…Are you arguing for throwing out the Constitution? Should the Constitution be thrown out? What do we do? Is it a living document, or is it a sacred document?”

Mystal said, “It’s certainly not sacred. Let’s start there. The Constitution is kind of trash. Again, let’s just talk as adults for a second.”

Co-host Joy Behar said, “What did you say?”

Mystal said, “It’s kind of trash. It was written by slavers and colonists and white people willing to make deals with slavers and colonists. They didn’t ask anybody who looked like me what they thought about the Constitution.”

He added, “This document was without the consent of black and brown people in this country and without the consent of women. I say if that was the starting point, the very least we can do is ignore what those slavers and colonists and misogynists thought and interpret the Constitution in a way that makes sense for our modern world.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/04/mystal-u-s-constitution-is-trash-written-by-slave-owning-white-people/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Well, homie, if'n you don't like it, leave.  I'll be glad to fund an economy-class one-way ticket to whatever hellhole in Africa you want to go live in, provided I get to see proof that you've terminated your U.S. citizenship.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Mystal said, “It’s kind of trash. It was written by slavers and colonists and white people willing to make deals with slavers and colonists. They didn’t ask anybody who looked like me what they thought about the Constitution.”
And yet when the Liberians who led the back-to-Africa movement established their own constitution, they copied the U.S. model nearly word-for-word.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

He added, “This document was without the consent of black and brown people in this country and without the consent of women.

BFD.

It was drafted without my consent, either - mainly because I wasn't alive at the time - so that's no point against it.

The bottom line is this:  so long as you continue to stay here and live here, you have consented to living under the Constitution as it is written - just as everyone else who lives here has consented - if you choose to withdraw your consent, then you have to leave.

I'm sure that you'll find Africa much more congenial.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Well, homie, if'n you don't like it, leave.  I'll be glad to fund an economy-class one-way ticket to whatever hellhole in Africa you want to go live in, provided I get to see proof that you've terminated your U.S. citizenship.
He is from Haiti not Africa but the point is the same. Just like all America hating American Leftists, he would never ever leave 'racist White Supremacist America' and return to 'his heritage' as they say.

This is just click-bait nonsense he did specifically for the free publicity. He wanted to get his name in the press and outrageously extremist dogma like this will do that. He wanted his 15 minutes and now he has it. Wait to see him doing the interview circuit next. A couple of weeks from now, nobody will remember his name.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
 Every once in a while these people let their guards down and say in public what they say at their private cocktail parties. Those are the moments we count on because they lose the carefully constructed veneer.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

He can always go back to Haiti whose constitution was written by rebellious African slaves.

Why aren't more people fleeing to Haiti to escape Whitey's oppression in America?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 07:19:39 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

For the first time in all of history there is a place on this earth where your fortune is largely in your own hands - No slavery, no serfs, even no class. It STUNS me how so few understand the precious priceless gift of an upwardly  mobile and robust middle class. That ability has never been found before. A new thing.

And these jackals tear it down.

I wonder what will replace it when they have reduced it to it's bones.
What does replace it will not be to their liking. I guarantee it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Every once in a while these people let their guards down and say in public what they say at their private cocktail parties. Those are the moments we count on because they lose the carefully constructed veneer.
They call it “code switching:” act one way in civil society, then turn around to reveal their true, vile nature when around others like themselves since they think they can get away with their blatant racism.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline cato potatoe

He can always go back to Haiti whose constitution was written by rebellious African slaves.

We should thank him.  He wants to help us, just as his ancestors helped the French. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Elie Mystal:

That figures...

Once more, Fishrrman's dialectic:
You may not be interested in the politics of race and ethnicity.
But the politics of race and ethnicity are VERY MUCH interested... in YOU.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 11:58:12 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is what happens automatically when you start handing out Affirmative Action degrees and combine it with Affirmative Action hiring.

This guy would be in a mental institution if this were still the 1950's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He is from Haiti not Africa but the point is the same. Just like all America hating American Leftists, he would never ever leave 'racist White Supremacist America' and return to 'his heritage' as they say.

This is just click-bait nonsense he did specifically for the free publicity. He wanted to get his name in the press and outrageously extremist dogma like this will do that. He wanted his 15 minutes and now he has it. Wait to see him doing the interview circuit next. A couple of weeks from now, nobody will remember his name.

@240B

Given that this nonsense has been taught in public schools for decades now,there is more than an even chance he believes it.

After all,he obviously isn't very bright.

Offline dancer

22222frying pan

The first slaves in America were white people.  The first slave owner was a black man.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
22222frying pan

The first slaves in America were white people.  The first slave owner was a black man.

@dancer

I don't understand the frying pan. Every word I wrote is true.

Offline Kamaji

@dancer

I don't understand the frying pan. Every word I wrote is true.

@sneakypete

I could be wrong, but I think the frying pan is in response to the original article, not to your otherwise well-reasoned post!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I could be wrong, but I think the frying pan is in response to the original article, not to your otherwise well-reasoned post!

@Kamaji

Thanks! That had not occurred to me.