Author Topic: Putin's Emboldened Action in Ukraine Is Not Because of Trump, but Because of Obama  (Read 157 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Putin's Emboldened Action in Ukraine Is Not Because of Trump, but Because of Obama
By Scott Hounsell | Mar 03, 2022 5:45 PM ET

In the last several weeks as we have watched Putin command the Russian Army to action in invading Ukraine, many people have looked to Trump’s record with Putin as a time in which Putin became emboldened to action against their neighbor. Certainly, Trump’s talk on Putin has been at times sycophantic, something this author will not discount. However, referring to someone as a “genius” can carry with it, alternative meanings.

For instance, when it comes to people like David Axelrod or Rahm Emanuel, I can admire their genius within politics and hold them in utter contempt because of how they choose to use their gifts. Adolf Hitler was a genius as an orator, but a genocidal sociopath. I do not presume to understand Trump’s motivations in his less-than-polished statements about the Russian leader; however, I simply state that Trump can believe Putin is a genius and a sociopath. While I can think Trump is a genius in manipulating the media (and trust me… he is), I can disagree with him on things like increasing deficit spending and his lowest-common-denominator rhetoric.

When it came to Putin though, the left and the media (but I repeat myself) did their damnedest to tie Trump to Putin and Russia, despite the total lack of evidence of such a connection. Whether it was Russia-gate, in which Trump and his officials were never charged, or lofty stories of Trump and his behavior with Russian prostitutes, or even flat out fabrications, like was spun regarding Russian bounties on American servicemen in Syria, the media went to all lengths to make Trump appear weak against Putin and the Russians.

more
https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2022/03/03/putins-emboldened-action-in-ukraine-is-not-because-of-trump-but-because-of-obama-n531095
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

It is asinine to think one persons actions, especially a thug like putin, can be influenced by another.

Putin has made it clear that he intended to grow Russia and he watched our government destroy our economy, our military and our social order and belief in law and order and felt the time was right to make his move.

That simple...
He did make a huge mistake, he failed to consider the global condemnation of his actions and neither Russia nor putin may recover, regardless if he "wins" Ukraine.