Author Topic: Texas Rep. Van Taylor drops reelection bid day after primary over affair with ‘ISIS bride’  (Read 267 times)

Online Kamaji

Texas Rep. Van Taylor drops reelection bid day after primary over affair with ‘ISIS bride’

By Gabrielle Fonrouge and MaryAnn Martinez
March 2, 2022

A married-with-kids Texas congressman abruptly dropped his bid for reelection Wednesday after admitting he had an affair with a woman who has been described as an ex-jihadist “ISIS bride.”

Republican Rep. Van Taylor, 49, was headed for a GOP runoff with Keith Self following Tuesday’s primary election for Texas’ 3rd Congressional District when he sent an email to supporters announcing he was dropping out, giving Self the nomination.

“Today I am announcing I will not continue my campaign to seek re-election to Congress,” Taylor wrote in the email, according to The Dallas Morning News.

“About a year ago, I made a horrible mistake that has caused deep hurt and pain among those I love most in this world. I had an affair, it was wrong, and it was the greatest failure of my life.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/02/texas-rep-van-taylor-drops-reelection-bid-over-affair-with-isis-bride/