Author Topic: McConnell blasts Rick Scott’s plan to raise taxes as Florida senator walks away  (Read 693 times)

Offline libertybele

Scott sold FL down the river on the 2A and continues his liberalism! I hope he loses his seat.

McConnell blasts Rick Scott’s plan to raise taxes as Florida senator walks away

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell Tuesday publicly lambasted Sen. Rick Scott’s proposal to raise income taxes on more than half of Americans, in the clearest example yet of a growing rift between the two Republican leaders.

Scott chairs the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the party’s main campaign arm for Senate races. He set off a wave of concern among fellow Republicans last week when he released a plan to “rescue America,” which included an income tax increase for low- and middle-income earners among other potential controversial measures.

The proposal has already fueled attack ads against Republican candidates, including in Florida, where Democratic Rep. Val Demings launched a TV ad Monday tying Sen. Marco Rubio to Scott’s plan.

At Tuesday’s GOP leadership conference, Scott walked away from the podium just as reporters began to ask questions about his plan. McConnell, who has led the party in the Senate since 2007, disavowed and rebuked the plan.

“Well, Sen. Scott is behind me, and he can address the issue of his particular measure,” McConnell said, apparently unaware that the Florida senator had just walked away seconds before.

“If we’re fortunate enough to have the majority next year, I’ll be the majority leader. I’ll decide in consultation with my members what to put on the floor,” McConnell said. “Let me tell you what will not be on our agenda. We will not have as part of our agenda a bill that raises taxes on half the American people and sunsets Social Security and Medicare within five years. That will not be part of the Republican Senate majority agenda.” ...............

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article258932958.html#storylink=readmore_inline
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

McConnell and Scott are in agreement that spending isn't the problem.  Idiots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

Why would I or anyone else vote to put McConnell back as majority leader?

Online cato potatoe

I don't know.  When he took a leadership role in 2007 the national debt stood at $9 trillion.  His statement is proof that he will not consider anything that would substantially reduce the deficits or American attitudes towards them. 

Offline libertybele

It baffles me that he's remained as majority leader for as long as he has. For that matter he should have lost his seat a long, long time ago!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.