Author Topic: IPCC WGII AR6, More Insanity: Small IslandsHome2022March1IPCC WGII AR6, More Insanity: Small Islands  (Read 92 times)

rebewranger

COMMENTARYIPCC AR6OPINION
IPCC WGII AR6, More Insanity: Small IslandsHome2022March1IPCC WGII AR6, More Insanity: Small Islands
23 mins ago Kip Hansen 1 Comment
Guest Opinion by Kip Hansen – 1 March 2022

A Shocking Lack of Evidence for Shocking Claims

The IPCC has rushed out a new portion of the IPCC WGII Sixth Assessment Report: Climate Change 2022: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability.  The report itself and all of its summaries and chapters are available from the IPCC web site.  I say rushed out because when I downloaded Chapter 15: Small Islands at 5:00 pm EST on February 28th, the copy I received was still marked “Accepted Version Subject to Final Edits” and “Do Not Cite, Quote or Distribute”.

They are quite right to mark it “Do Not Cite, Quote or Distribute”  —  I would have suggested expanding that to “Do Not Cite, Quote, Distribute, or Read”.   But, that would be a personal opinion.  I am afraid I failed to follow my own best advice and have made the mistake of reading Chapter 15:  Small Islands.  So, having failed to “not read” I will follow up by failing to not cite, quote or distribute potions in this Opinion essay.

DISCLAIMER:  This is in the Opinion section of WUWT and I state clearly that any and all opinions in this essay are those of Kip Hansen — they are mine alone — and do not necessarily represent the opinions or views of Anthony Watts, the owners, publishers, editors or moderators of this website.  Anyone with objections should direct them to me personally in the Comment section provided at the end of the essay.

When it was first suggested earlier today by email that I might write a short piece about the IPCC’s new report I dutifully pulled down copies of the sections I thought I could usefully address.  I read Chapter 15: Small Islands as I have been writing about sea level rise for various organizations over the last six months.   I replied as follows to that email:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/03/01/ipcc-wgii-ar6-more-insanity-small-islands/