Author Topic: Dinner with Libs  (Read 180 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dinner with Libs
« on: March 01, 2022, 12:09:16 pm »
This one had me rolling.  Worth the read.

Pete McArdle
Last night, the wife and I attended a dinner party with two other couples. The hosts, old friends endowed with equally large amounts of generosity and common sense, laid out a feast of food and drink, and played Switzerland for the night. They discussed pressing issues good-naturedly and stayed far away from the dangerous third rail of politics.

My saintly wife wants nothing to do with talking politics, she’s always made kind, upbeat conversation, or said nothing at all. Despite her peaceful nature, however, she threatened me with severe sanctions on the ride over, should I disturb the dinner party peace with my often loud and sarcastic political observations. The reason for the warning was the third couple attending, also old friends, who are widely considered to be smart, accomplished, generous and kind.

But, sadly, in my un-humble opinion, their political views come straight from CNN or the New York Times. I can accurately predict what they’ll say on a given issue before they open their mouths, for they suffer from the mental disorder of liberalism.

Now I should have heeded my wife’s advice and emulated our hosts’ strategic non-involvement. But to keep quiet in the face of absurd leftist claptrap would’ve required me to first duct tape my mouth securely, and then don two N-95 masks over that, just in case, actions that would have severely curtailed my ability to suck down Heinies.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/03/dinner_with_libs.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Dinner with Libs
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 12:14:12 pm »
That was a good read.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 12:20:18 pm »
Well, I have 'been there', done that. I have a couple of liberal acquaintances, but I can't say I actually count any as friends.
I'd have to be able to trust them to include them in my circle of friends, and anyone subject to such delusions is pretty hard to trust, except to be the first to turn me in when and if the Leftists go full Nazi.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 12:44:19 pm »
I only allow myself one dig. Hit it and quit. Most liberals know they are impotent now that Trump is gone.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 03:11:25 pm »
Isaiah 66:4
I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

There are those given over to great delusions and especially in these times.  Seeing they will not see, hearing they will not hear, except lies from liars, they think god is talking directly to them.  Given over to believe....
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 03:26:16 pm »
Now I should have heeded my wife’s advice and emulated our hosts’ strategic non-involvement. But to keep quiet in the face of absurd leftist claptrap would’ve required me to first duct tape my mouth securely, and then don two N-95 masks over that, just in case, actions that would have severely curtailed my ability to suck down Heinies.

He had the right to remain silent... but he didn't have the ability. - h/t Ron White

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 03:37:51 pm »
Good read.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 04:02:57 pm »
goopo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 04:17:06 pm »
...  I’m mad because liberals, led by the practically petrified puppet in the White House, are destroying the country I love. Because they put politics above compassion in the COVID-19 public health fiasco. Because they badly damaged the most vulnerable among us, ruining kids’ educational progress with closed schools and remote (not) learning, and bruising kids’ psyches with useless and oppressive masking. Because they shut down our energy independence and torpedoed our economy, making the rich richer, the poor poorer, and causing my hard-earned nest egg to shrink. Because a deeply corrupt FBI, CIA, and mainstream media -- surely the envy of Greece -- took down a highly competent and effective president with the help of electoral shenanigans. Because, under Democrat leadership, our country has been reduced to an effete bystander worried about white rage and gender pronouns, while war breaks out in Europe.  ...
Amen.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org