Author Topic: Thirty-first House Democrat announces retirement from Congress ahead of midterms  (Read 94 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Thirty-first House Democrat announces retirement from Congress ahead of midterms

Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., announced his retirement from Congress on Monday, making him the 31st House Democrat to do so ahead of the 2022 midterms.

Republicans are widely expected to make gains in the election and even seize control of the House from Democrats.

"After serving the public for more than 15 years, I have decided I will not seek re-election this November," Deutch said in a statement. "Public service was instilled in me by my father who earned a Purple Heart in the Battle of the Bulge, and it has been a tremendous privilege to serve the people of Palm Beach and Broward Counties in Congress since 2010. I am incredibly grateful to my constituents for their support and friendship."

The congressman, who was the founding co-chair of the House Bipartisan Task Force for Combating Antisemitism, cited the "unprecedented rise in antisemitism" worldwide as the reason he is stepping down to accept an offer to become the next CEO of the American Jewish Committee (AJC)................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/31st-house-democrat-announces-retirement-from-congress-ahead-of-midterms
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.