Author Topic: Psaki: Calls to Enhance U.S. Oil Production a ‘Misdiagnosis’ — ‘We Need to Reduce Our Dependence’  (Read 383 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Psaki: Calls to Enhance U.S. Oil Production a ‘Misdiagnosis’ — ‘We Need to Reduce Our Dependence’

Pam Key 27 Feb 2022

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that calls for the United States to increase fossil fuel production and open up the Keystone Pipeline in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine was a “misdiagnosis.”

Anchor George Stephanopoulos said, “Senator Tom Cotton says the United States should be doing more to crack down on the Russian energy sector.”

On FNC, Cotton said, “How about we impose those sanctions, but lift the restrictions on the production of American oil and gas to stand drilling on American lands again. We can re-open the Keystone Pipeline, which will bring more oil into America from Canada than we impact from Russian.”

Stephanopoulos said, “The president open to those proposals?”

Psaki said, “On the energy sector, the way that the president, President Biden, has approached sanctions is we want to take every step to maximize the impact and the consequences on President Putin while minimizing the impact on the American people and the global community.”

She added, “The Keystone Pipeline was not processing oil through the system. That does not solve any problems. That’s a misdiagnosis or maybe a misdiagnosis of what needs to happen. I would also note that on oil leases, what this actually justifies in President Biden’s view is the fact that we need to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, on oil in general, and we need to look at other ways of having energy in our country and others.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/02/27/psaki-calls-to-enhance-u-s-oil-production-a-misdiagnosis-we-need-to-reduce-our-dependence/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Offline Killer Clouds

In other words minimum sanctions on Russia and maximum sanctions on US citizens.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online berdie

Sounds like she has been talking to Greta.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
She wouldn't know a depletion curve if she tripped over it.
I bet she thought the cookie jar magically refilled itself, too.

To keep a constant supply, you need to add new production.

To use that production, you need to have a means to refine it and get it to the refinery.

Periodically, that equipment wears out, and must be replaced.

If you want to have enough to help out the world (or any part of it), you need to produce more than you use.

These concepts are simple enough.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

She wouldn't know a depletion curve if she tripped over it.
I bet she thought the cookie jar magically refilled itself, too.

To keep a constant supply, you need to add new production.

To use that production, you need to have a means to refine it and get it to the refinery.

Periodically, that equipment wears out, and must be replaced.

If you want to have enough to help out the world (or any part of it), you need to produce more than you use.

These concepts are simple enough.
Most people understand this concept. They also don't understand that electricity has to be produced but they think it comes from nowhere.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats flood the country with millions of foreigners, spend to trash our economy and devalue our money, then tell us we need to do with less while democrats conspire to tax the Country to death.  Have you seen these multi-million dollar democrats making real efforts to do with less?  As they spend like maniacs?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DB

Like their Covid policy, they've staked out their position and no amount of reality is going to alter it.

For the sake of keeping the illusion they were "right" they are going to cause great hardship on the vast majority of Americans. Admission that they were wrong is not an option.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Like their Covid policy, they've staked out their position and no amount of reality is going to alter it.

For the sake of keeping the illusion they were "right" they are going to cause great hardship on the vast majority of Americans. Admission that they were wrong is not an option.
It is the new Lysenkoism.

Pseudoscience backed by hubris in high places.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

“Lysenkoism”

Perfect! :beer:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup: