Author Topic: Breaking: New guidance from CDC says about 70% of Americans can safely unmask indoors  (Read 450 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Breaking: New guidance from CDC says about 70% of Americans can safely unmask indoors

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new guidance on Friday that recommended most Americans could unmask safely in public indoor settings.

Under the new guidance, about 70% of Americans live in a region where the threat from coronavirus is low or moderate, and so can unmask.

The CDC still recommends that people keep wearing masks in counties were the threat from coronavirus is high, which includes about 37% of counties and about 28% of the population.

The guidelines are not binding, local governments will continue deciding their own community guidelines.

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky explained the rationale behind changing the guidelines to reporters Friday.

“This new framework moves beyond just looking at cases and test positivity, to evaluate factors that reflect the severity of disease — including hospitalizations and hospital capacity — and helps to determine whether the level of Covid-19 and severe disease are low, medium or high in a community,” said Walensky.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/cdc-eases-mask-guidelines
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, because the "political" science changed.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That map looks like a Jackson Pollack painting—or camouflage. No patterns of transmission (other than, oddly, the entire state of West Virginia being lit up orange for some odd reason), and of course, the formula used to calculate the new risk factors isn't being made public so we don't know how much weight is being given to each factor.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

What a relief! All these years I've been masked up at home, just waiting for the official okey-dokey from Little Tony Fraudci!

:bigsilly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That map looks like a Jackson Pollack painting—or camouflage. No patterns of transmission (other than, oddly, the entire state of West Virginia being lit up orange for some odd reason), and of course, the formula used to calculate the new risk factors isn't being made public so we don't know how much weight is being given to each factor.

That map makes no sense at all.  What are the boundaries?  AZ is carved up in ways that aren't counties, yet all data is by county.  Why are Lake Havasu City and Bullhead City orange while Kingman is yellow, for example?  These three cities are all in Mohave County.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

100% of Americans can safely ignore anything the CDC says.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

I wonder if that is the same 70% who don't give a single damn what CDC has to say anyway?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

:yowsa:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertasbella

• Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
  • Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
    • Libertas Bella

Them and their employer.
DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts
"Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Offline verga

As usual the CDC is 6 months behind.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.