Author Topic: Lawmakers press Biden for tougher Russia sanctions over Ukraine invasion  (Read 154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lawmakers press Biden for tougher Russia sanctions over Ukraine invasion
By Cristina Marcos and Mike Lillis - 02/24/22 06:01 PM EST

Lawmakers in both parties wasted no time on Thursday pressing President Biden to impose tougher sanctions on Russia, saying the economic penalties levied to date don’t go far enough to punish President Vladimir Putin for his imperial designs on Ukraine.

Even Democratic allies urged Biden to go beyond the latest set of sanctions he unveiled earlier in the day, which were aimed at curbing Russia’s access to foreign capital, hobbling the financial freedoms of Moscow’s wealthy elite and preventing Putin’s military from obtaining the latest high-tech weapons systems.

The full-scale military incursion into Ukraine, they argued, merits the toughest possible penalties in the form of cutting off Russia’s access to an international messaging system for banks, seizing Russian oligarchs’ assets like yachts and villas, and sanctioning Putin personally.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/595764-lawmakers-press-biden-for-tougher-russia-sanctions-over-ukraine-invasion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Traitor Joe is not going to do anything to hurt his boss.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I know someone probably already said it but if Trump was President instead of Biden and responded to Russia with the weak sanctions and soft diplomacy the democrats would be screaming 'Russia Russia Russia' 24/7 and fast tracking another impeachment. But with Captain Dementia they toe the party line and right now that's unite behind Biden embrace the economic pain with Ukraine. Well the only reason I would get behind Biden would be if I could