Author Topic: Baltic States, Home to Large Russian Minorities, Fear They Could Be Next  (Read 133 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Baltic States, Home to Large Russian Minorities, Fear They Could Be Next

Breitbart London 24 Feb 2022

VILNIUS, Lithuania (AP) — Viewed from Paris, London and Washington, the events unfolding in Ukraine may seem like a new Cold War taking shape in Europe.

From the Baltic countries, it looks much worse.

To Estonians, Latvians, and Lithuanians — particularly those old enough to have lived under Soviet control — Russia’s belligerence toward Ukraine has some worried that they could be the next target. The tensions have brought back memories of mass deportations and oppression.

“My grandparents were sent away to Siberia. My father was persecuted by the KGB. Now I live in a free democratic country, but it seems that nothing can be taken for granted,” said Jaunius Kazlauskas, a 50-year-old teacher in Vilnius, Lithuania’s capital.

All three Baltic countries were seized and annexed by Stalin during World War II before gaining independence again with the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991. They joined NATO in 2004, putting themselves under the military protection of the U.S. and its Western allies. Ukraine is not part of NATO.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/02/24/baltic-states-home-to-large-russian-minorities-fear-they-could-be-next/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Baltic States, Home to Large Russian Minorities, Fear They Could Be Next
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 01:30:27 pm »
Not saying that they don't have to worry, but those are NATO member nations. 

If Putin wants that, he will be crazy, or will be getting active support and joined by the Chicoms.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Re: Baltic States, Home to Large Russian Minorities, Fear They Could Be Next
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 04:51:55 pm »
Not saying that they don't have to worry, but those are NATO member nations. 

If Putin wants that, he will be crazy, or will be getting active support and joined by the Chicoms.

Agreed.  I suspect that Putin will not drive to the ocean, as it were, this time around.  To me, the big question is whether he takes all of Ukraine, or installs a friendly government to administer Western Ukraine for the benefit of Russia and only keeps the eastern provinces.