Author Topic: Why do people keep dying after having sex?  (Read 910 times)

Online corbe

Why do people keep dying after having sex?
« on: February 23, 2022, 11:41:56 pm »
Why do people keep dying after having sex?

By Walla! - Sunday

In most cases, people who have had a cardiac event are afraid to go back to having sex for fear that sexual activity will put pressure on their heart and endanger them. New research shows that their fear may be justified, but they’re not the only ones at risk.
Sex has excellent physical and psychological effects, including reducing high blood pressure, improving the immune system and helping you sleep better and of course, reducing stress. Much of this occurs following the release of the hormone oxytocin, called the love hormone.

But sex can also have a less pleasant side. People sometimes die during or shortly after sex. The incidence is, thankfully, extremely low and accounts for 0.6% of all sudden deaths.

There are many reasons why this happens. In most cases, such death is caused by physical overload caused by sexual activity, or the use of certain prescription drugs, and, yes, also by the use of illegal drugs like cocaine.

The risk of sudden cardiac death is higher as people get older, but recently, researchers from St. George's University of London have found that this phenomenon is not limited to middle-aged men. The study, published in JAMA Cardiology, examined sudden cardiac death in 6,847 cases referred to the St. George's Center for Cardiac Pathology between January 1994 and August 2020.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/why-do-people-keep-dying-after-having-sex/ar-AAU6gRy?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Why do people keep dying after having sex?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 11:42:44 pm »
   This is why I cut my visits down to 2 nights a week @Texas Robin
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Texas Robin

• Breathe...then go forward
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 11:53:13 pm »
its your choice.
Everything has an expiration date, so make the most of it

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 11:54:46 pm »
Die shoveling snow. Die bumping uglies in hand cuffs and a ball gag.  The choice seems obvious.  Having a clean driveway for the EMT's to get to you. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 11:56:44 pm »
What is this sex that you speak of?
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 11:56:51 pm »
Easy come, easy go.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 11:59:26 pm »
Easy come, easy go.

"Precious and Few", If you can Climax.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 12:12:45 am »
"Precious and Few", If you can Climax.

Bang a gong and get it on, if you're T Rex.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 12:14:59 am »
Die shoveling snow. Die bumping uglies in hand cuffs and a ball gag.  The choice seems obvious.  Having a clean driveway for the EMT's to get to you. 

:thumbsup:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2022, 12:16:29 am »
Afternoon Delight- 🎶
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2022, 12:42:25 am »
My grandfather died of this very thing at age 56 when I was just 5 years old (assuming the whispers in the family were true).  I can think of worse things than dying in the saddle, as it were.  Now that I have celebrated my birthday, having been born in 1953, I can say with all honesty that 69 is divine, although I hope it is not so divine as to send me to heaven. 

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2022, 12:46:57 am »
   All my Doctors have cut me off, except my Urologist, so far, so good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2022, 01:01:41 am »
At least let me do it 'til I need glasses.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2022, 01:02:20 am »
Thankfully I'm past all of that stuff. Maybe once in while but even then everything is so tame and gentle nobody is going to die from it.

Plutarch was asked what it was like when he came to the age of moderation, he said, "It's like dismounting a wild bucking horse." He seemed quite happy about the situation as am I. It uncomplicates life and brings peace of mind.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 01:04:16 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2022, 01:12:19 am »
Thankfully I'm past all of that stuff. Maybe once in while but even then everything is so tame and gentle nobody is going to die from it.

Plutarch was asked what it was like when he came to the age of moderation, he said, "It's like dismounting a wild bucking horse." He seemed quite happy about the situation as am I. It uncomplicates life and brings peace of mind.

I was quicky, quietly, convincing myself of this very fact @240B it just seemed too much BS and/or drama to even entertain the idea until I met @Texas Robin 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2022, 06:35:51 am »
Maybe their spouse found out.... 22222frying pan :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2022, 05:40:56 pm »
It's been eons now. How long will this take?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2022, 06:09:46 pm »
I thought that there were only two type of people that died, those who never had sex and those who died after having sex. I mean everybody dies, sooner or later right?