Author Topic: Ottawa Mayor Wants to Sell Confiscated Freedom Convoy Vehicles  (Read 142 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ottawa Mayor Wants to Sell Confiscated Freedom Convoy Vehicles
« on: February 23, 2022, 01:42:24 am »
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain 2/22/2021

Trudeau’s Emergency Act allows Watson and his cronies to keep and sell private property. Disgusting.

Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson wants to sell the trucks the authorities confiscated during the Freedom Convoy protest.

Watson told the CBC that the city has “the ability to confiscate those vehicles and sell them.”

“And I want to see them sold,” stated Watson. “I don’t the return to these people who’ve been causing such frustration and angst in our community.”

Watson continued:

This is costing us a small fortune for the taxpayers of Ottawa. That’s one of the reasons why under the Emergencies Act I’ve asked our solicitor and our city manager how can we keep the tow trucks and the campers and the vans and everything else that we’ve confiscated and sell those pieces of equipment to help recoup some of the costs that our taxpayers are absorbing. So that’s one of the provisions of the Emergency Act and we have been a beneficiary of the Emergency Act.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/02/ottawa-mayor-wants-to-sell-confiscated-freedom-convoy-vehicles/