Author Topic: When Fascism Comes To America, It Will Look Like Justin Trudeau’s Canada  (Read 174 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by William A. Jacobson 2/18/2022

Trudeau’s dangerous not just because he’s abusing Canadians, but because he is providing the wish list for crackdowns by Democrats in the U.S.: “every single bank, credit union, investment broker and insurance provider in the country has been deputized to figure out if they have a blockader as a client, and to immediately freeze their accounts if so.”

If Justin Trudeau had merely removed trucks from blocking a bridge in protest of vaccine mandates, it would be no big deal. Protesters for various causes routinely get removed from blocking traffic.

But that’s not all Justin Trudeau did. He suspended civil liberties in Canada, targeting peaceful protesters and anyone who supports them. Not because those supporters committed a crime, but because they supported the political opposition to Trudeau’s government.

Trudeau ordered all financial institutions to freeze the assets of his political opposition without court order and with full immunity from liability, and no financial asset was spared.

“The names of both individuals and entities as well as crypto wallets have been shared by the RCMP with financial institutions and accounts have been frozen and more accounts will be frozen.”

Trudeau has weaponized and commanded the private sector to do the government’s bidding in crushing political dissent. The Toronto Sun reported (emphasis in original):

One of the most far-reaching implications of the Emergencies Act is what it prescribes for the Canadian financial system. According to the government’s new Emergency Economic Measures Order, every single bank, credit union, investment broker and insurance provider in the country has been deputized to figure out if they have a blockader as a client, and to immediately freeze their accounts if so.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/02/when-fascism-comes-to-america-it-will-look-like-justin-trudeaus-canada/

Offline Kamaji

Re: When Fascism Comes To America, It Will Look Like Justin Trudeau’s Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 01:02:38 am »
Trudeau has weaponized and commanded the private sector to do the government’s bidding in crushing political dissent.

That is one of the defining characteristics of fascism, as differentiated from its kissing cousin, communism.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 02:09:19 am »
I don't know, America is not a disarmed Canada and I think if fascist stormtroopers start trampling and beating  Americans that we would probably start seeing stormtroopers dropped in mid beatdown.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 01:22:20 pm »
I don't know, America is not a disarmed Canada and I think if fascist stormtroopers start trampling and beating  Americans that we would probably start seeing stormtroopers dropped in mid beatdown.

Really?  Once most dissidents have been beaten down by the invisible forces of de-banking, poverty, and having creditors (including the local property tax assessor) levy on their goods?

I won't hold my breath.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 11:29:53 pm »
Kamaji opines:
"Really?  Once most dissidents have been beaten down by the invisible forces of de-banking, poverty, and having creditors (including the local property tax assessor) levy on their goods?
I won't hold my breath."

Then I will guess that this is now almost-forgotten history, never to repeat itself amongst freedom-loving men on this continent again?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 11:32:45 pm »
I don't think so. Canada has a pitifully weak system of govt.

It may happen here, but it will more tooth and nail, if for anything because of the Bill of Rights and the States.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 01:49:39 am »
Really?  Once most dissidents have been beaten down by the invisible forces of de-banking, poverty, and having creditors (including the local property tax assessor) levy on their goods?

I won't hold my breath.
I see, so you would go with give me liberty or a nice safe hole to hide in? I will continue to believe that Americans will resist and fight for for their freedom when pushed to the limit like the Canadians were. Of course YMMV. My parents came to America to escape communism, I may be old and F'd up but I would fight to ensure my children and grandchildren remain free.